This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is GTA5 still you game of the year?

#11majinbuu58Posted 10/9/2013 3:38:30 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
Naw a friggin 3DS game is my GOTY. But Batman might surpass it if its just as good as Arkham City.

This.
#12656stoogePosted 10/9/2013 5:26:52 AM
Nope. Bioshock for me.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#13pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 5:27:41 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
No...

I loved the single player, but the online has caused me far too many headaches... It now crashes my Xbox after 20 minutes or so...

'Tis rather annoying.

That sucks. I'm the opposite. I just powered through the main campaign because I wanted it to be over with and just enjoy free roam, but I can't get enough of online. I love it.

I love noticing players heading towards me and ambushing them. I love collecting bounties on other players or hiding from them when one is on me. I love all the extra functionality Online adds to free roam like being able to sell cars or put a tracker on them so they appear on your mini map, being able to set quick way-points without opening the map. I love doing missions with my friends. It all adds up to Online feeling like the true GTA5 experience and the campaign is the secondary game mode.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#14pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 5:28:52 AM
majinbuu58 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
Naw a friggin 3DS game is my GOTY. But Batman might surpass it if its just as good as Arkham City.

This.

Good call, another big GotY contender is just around the corner.
---
#15RevenancedPosted 10/9/2013 5:37:39 AM
If it does get GotY it's because of how many copies it's sold. Not because the quality of gameplay or mechanics are anything special.

If you've played any GTA game you've pretty much played them all.
---
-[Supporter of PS4][Xbox 360 User][FF Fan][Tales of Fan][Black Ops Fan][Elder Scrolls Fan]-
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#16pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 5:39:56 AM
Revenanced posted...
If it does get GotY it's because of how many copies it's sold. Not because the quality of gameplay or mechanics are anything special.

If you've played any GTA game you've pretty much played them all.

By that logic Call of Duty would win it every year.
---
#17Banana_ManaPosted 10/9/2013 5:49:37 AM
pothocket posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
No...

I loved the single player, but the online has caused me far too many headaches... It now crashes my Xbox after 20 minutes or so...

'Tis rather annoying.

That sucks. I'm the opposite. I just powered through the main campaign because I wanted it to be over with and just enjoy free roam, but I can't get enough of online. I love it.

I love noticing players heading towards me and ambushing them. I love collecting bounties on other players or hiding from them when one is on me. I love all the extra functionality Online adds to free roam like being able to sell cars or put a tracker on them so they appear on your mini map, being able to set quick way-points without opening the map. I love doing missions with my friends. It all adds up to Online feeling like the true GTA5 experience and the campaign is the secondary game mode.

Aye, it is annoying... Shame really as the online is a lot of fun. I can't say the things you mentioned aren't awesome... I just wish I could play. TT TT
---
Enjoy gaming-related top ten lists?
Go here: http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
#18NemerlightPosted 10/9/2013 5:55:09 AM
GTA 5 is GOTY for me. Singleplayer was great but online where game really shines (when it works).
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#19DyingPancakePosted 10/9/2013 6:26:40 AM
Not only the best game of the year, but one of the best of this generation

Tomb Raider is a good contender, but it can't top GTA
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#20Arucard05Posted 10/9/2013 6:31:20 AM
pothocket posted...
it all adds up to Online feeling like the true GTA5 experience and the campaign is the secondary game mode.

Nemerlight posted...
Singleplayer was great but online where game really shines

*shudder*
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham