This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fable Anniversary/Gamestop

#1whatnow12012Posted 10/9/2013 2:21:37 PM
I was asking one of my local Gamestop's about the Fable Anniversary, the employee said it was All 3 Fables into 1 collection being all 3 games on seperated disks.

I said no, this is Fable the original Fable + The TLC Content remade in HD with new Acheivements everything has been reworked & improved but largely the game is the same Fable just some new additions under the hood.

I was also asking about Drakengard 3 which is one of my most anticapted games in 2014 mainly cause this is a prequel to DG being before the events of the previous games.

The employee didnt even know what Drakengard was, nor did they know who made Drakengard.

I told them that the game is a PS3 Exclusive game, coming out sometime early in 2014 being a Hack N Slash Game with RPG Elements the game is under Square-Enix. There for a while I thought maybe XSeed would do Drakengard but it still looks to be under Square-Enix.

I mean if you are going to work at Gamestop I would think that their employee's should know about these games not just pimp out the CODs, the Halos, the GTAs they are more games out there besides the Assassins Creeds.

I also asked about Bravely Default on my 3DS also they didnt even know what that was, but I bet if I asked about COD Ghost to AC IV they would know that.

I mean come on you dont even know about Fable Anniversary.
#2ShuraYukihimePosted 10/9/2013 2:23:10 PM
Knowledge of the products you sell is not a requirement for working in retail. Odd isn't it.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#3ZDT_LeaderPosted 10/9/2013 2:31:33 PM
You can't know everything. They do what the managers tell them. And provably only study what games they're interested in.

In gamestops that I usually go to.. There is usually a ps3/360 guy, and another that knows about the other systems.

I think that covers a good amount.
---
LoL IGN/Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#4C810Posted 10/9/2013 2:56:25 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
Knowledge of the products you sell is not a requirement for working in retail. Odd isn't it.

I'm not bashing you or trying to defend GameStop, but when I worked at Kohl's everyone was required to have a decent working knowledge of what was in the store. Knowing what was in stock came down to people who always worked those departments, but generally everyone knew if we carried a certain brand, where to find it, substitutes, etc.

I think that even if you aren't into whatever area you work in, you should try to ground yourself in knowing stuff about it.
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
http://bit.ly/1gJaKrZ
#5glassghost0Posted 10/9/2013 3:00:20 PM
It's just a job dude. A job, people need jobs to make money.

Gamestop's hiring process isn't a test about video game knowledge...

They can run a register, stock, complete transactions. They are basically only required to know what consoles are which. That's all.

But your experiences can be funny:

"Hi, do you have MGS4?"
"For which system?"

"Hi, can I help you find anything? The new map packs for Modern Warfare 2 came out recently."
(After MW3 already came out)
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#6Jedi454Posted 10/9/2013 3:00:51 PM
If you worked in Gamestop, surely you'd be more interested in gaming so how could he not know what Fable Anniversary was about?
---
"One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation, but you did not lose any Karma..." Love it.
#7whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 3:10:29 PM
I dont know where they got these employees maybe at Cooking School, Sears, JCPenny's cause these guys dont know jack squat about games but I do have a bigger edge on them since I have been gaming since 1982 that is about 30 years of knowledge.

I also know where & how to get my info on my games this is how i uncovered so much info Regarding Dragon Age Inquistion which I have uncovered pretty much more info than anyone out there covering that game even more than Gameinformer did.

Right now I am currently researching another game being God Eater 2 but the game has next to nothing on it but the game is coming out in Japan in November could be somtime Late 2014 for North America more than likely a PS Vita Exclusive.

Other games I have pretty much given up on being Persona 5 or Tekken 7 others like those.

But Fable even though I have my original X1 copy of the game I cant wait to replay the game in full 1080p using HDMI in my Bedroom and seeing these new improvements.

Nothing has really been said on Fable sort of reminds of South Park that game their hasnt even shown us any gameplay trailers or anything.

Same with Fable nothing has been shown, or talked about. sort of like with Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD for my PS3 which I have now given up on it actually coming out, similar towards Final Fantasy Agigato formerly known as Zero.

I pretty much know everything coming out & everything that is out, just none of these games have actually release dates just ETA Dates being Q4th 2014 with DA I or with Fable being Q1st 2014 this could mean anytime between now & the end of March.
#8PStrifePosted 10/9/2013 3:24:35 PM
You go to Gamestop for the cheap deals, that has consequences regarding employee product knowledge and knowledge in general.

If you really wanted the best service you would go to a more expensive shop which costs you more. You have to pay more to get your higher standards of service. You want to be cheap, you get and accept the worser service. That is how the retail world actually is supposed to work.

Next thing tc will talk about how product is somehow also infinite.
#9CyricsServantPosted 10/9/2013 3:30:45 PM
Jedi454 posted...
If you worked in Gamestop, surely you'd be more interested in gaming so how could he not know what Fable Anniversary was about?

Very easily. I didn't know what it was about until TC posted this topic . . . because I don't really care about HD ports/remakes. The game isn't even out for another four months. Are GS employees supposed to memorize every little detail about every game that has yet to be released?

whatnow12012 posted...
The employee didnt even know what Drakengard was, nor did they know who made Drakengard.

. . . Oh my God. /*sarcasm*
#10glassghost0Posted 10/9/2013 3:32:57 PM
CyricsServant posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Very easily. I didn't know what it was about until TC posted this topic . . . because I don't really care about HD ports/remakes. The game isn't even out for another four months. Are GS employees supposed to memorize every little detail about every game that has yet to be released?

whatnow12012 posted...

. . . Oh my God. /*sarcasm*

Yeah, I have no idea what Drakengard is....
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122