This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gaemspot is a joke (bioshock infinite related)

#1Cloak973Posted 10/9/2013 7:22:24 PM
gamespot just recently relaunched their site, and one of the main article they have going for it is a bioshock infinite (revisited?) review in which the guy gives the game a 4/10. lolwut, and the review for game on their site gave it a 9/10. wtf is going on with this terrible site?

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bioshock-infinite-a-fan-scorned/1900-6415464/

link to the review.
---
XBL GT - The Snapple Cap
NY Giants 0-4/ Brooklyn Nets 0-0
#2mtjormitchPosted 10/9/2013 7:24:33 PM
It was made to drum up site views and nothing else. It is a worthless pile of crap that tries to think of itself as smart but in reality is nothing more than a troll attempt on a legitimately amazing video game where only hipsters who hate new things and or legitimate morons who don't like thinking in their video games.

The fact is, Bioshock Infinite hate is from people who didn't like bioshock to begin with and they just wanted to whine and complain a bit more in the newest edition, once Bioshock Infinite gets a bit older it will be more well remembered by actually smart people. Kinda like how Final Fantasy's that are hated usually become well remembered over time.

In addition to all this, if this is the new 'standard' of writing that Gamespot is going to have for it's reviews, than that site won't last for long. It is just plain obvious that most people who complained about this game and the fact that it was story based are most likely older men who do nothing but play tetris all night until their eyes turn red from lack of sleep and consider it a night well spent.

These kinds of people are threatened by video games like Bioshock Infinite. The fact is that all video games are going to become more and more like it, Heavy Rain, and even Last Of Us. Those that deny the fact that story based video games have simply become more important than gameplay only ones are nothing more than dinosaurs that are just waiting to finally realize they are extinct.

This medium has gained legitimancy and is trying to keep it. People like this guy and most the people like Glice and Agressa and or the whole of Neogafs pathetic existence are nothing more than a detriment to this medium and it's evolution as a storytelling medium and are fighting a massively losing battle against the fact that people like story based video games more than their crap like Dark Souls which really is only deep because of very artificial difficulty that really doesn't exist due to poor equipment choices and or because of cheap placement of certain enemies in areas like Anor Lando or the Capra Demon and dogs.

The only real complaint about Bioshock infinite which is legitimate was that the vigors should have had a bit more story presence Other than that most if not all other criticisms are unfounded or just typical whines of man children.

I hope Neogaf also reads my post as well. I would love that if someone could post my thoughts there too just so they know that I know how pitiful their existence as a video game board of opinions really is. The only reason they haven't fallen like other sites is because of the account registration process which in reality does nothing to stop people from entering their site, they just make it convoluted.

Again, about the review. It is just strait up garbage that is designed to stir the pot of dumb haters who really don't think for themselves. I know I am being a total jerk about all this, but the whining has gone on for far to long and I am sick of the stupidity.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#3infinitexxPosted 10/9/2013 7:26:12 PM
This topic means that review is doing its job.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#4ShuraYukihimePosted 10/9/2013 7:26:17 PM
He also seems to just make things up in the review.

"As you fend off attackers for upwards of 20 minutes at a time, it becomes clear that these fights are terrible filler in a game bereft of meaningful content."

I encountered no situation even close to that while playing.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#5Link43130Posted 10/9/2013 7:26:22 PM
Dudes totally right, I don't understand how that thing scored nearly as high as it did originally (well, I do understand, it's all about those $$$$$, just follow the money)
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#6orangeneePosted 10/9/2013 7:28:16 PM
GameSpot; the new Edge?
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#7JamanjaxPosted 10/9/2013 7:35:22 PM
mtjormitch posted...
snip

You, uh, forget to take your meds today?

Good to see that reviewers are beginning to join consumers in loving something at release, and hating it months down the line.

Gamers are too ****ing cynical.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#8namewitheldPosted 10/9/2013 7:35:53 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...

"As you fend off attackers for upwards of 20 minutes at a time, it becomes clear that these fights are terrible filler in a game bereft of meaningful content."

Maybe the guy really, really sucks at FPSs and had to hide behind a wall every time there was any action? For normal gamers the longest time spent in battle is about two minutes. **** it maybe he was playing Bio2 and collecting Adam with lil sisters and got confused ?!

A genuinely puzzling article.

Theres LOTS of room for genuine critique of Infinite ( starting with lolracism so Comstock is EVIIIIIL...SHIFTY EYES.. ) but this article is just rubbish.
#9mtjormitchPosted 10/9/2013 7:50:12 PM
namewitheld posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...

Maybe the guy really, really sucks at FPSs and had to hide behind a wall every time there was any action? For normal gamers the longest time spent in battle is about two minutes. **** it maybe he was playing Bio2 and collecting Adam with lil sisters and got confused ?!

A genuinely puzzling article.

Theres LOTS of room for genuine critique of Infinite ( starting with lolracism so Comstock is EVIIIIIL...SHIFTY EYES.. ) but this article is just rubbish.

The game is all about Booker and his SPOILERS. The rest of the game is a backdrop on his journey.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#10Oldskool_RulezPosted 10/9/2013 8:36:57 PM
Who cares? You know why it smells like s***? Because it's an opinion, get used to it.

Piece of advice- Who gives a s*** what someone else thinks of a game? The only thing that matters is what YOU care about in a game. If you like the game you're playing, and someone else doesn't, then oh, f****** well. Boo hoo, cry me a river.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
You don't need a reason to help someone.