This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's predict November's free games with gold

#61yanksfan4247Posted 10/20/2013 5:49:32 AM
SparkItUp posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...
I see everyone always guessing Condemned or Gears 2, and those are fairly good guesses. The problem is they can't give away games that are absolute garbage (it would
look badly on their platform).

they have so far and are being praised for it.

None of the games they have given out are absolute garbage. They are just really old.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#62OverburdenedPosted 10/20/2013 5:52:56 AM
Personally I can't see many people downloaded that Magic game.

Perhaps they did, but it doesn't cater to a lot of people.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#63CaoNiMa69Posted 10/21/2013 6:04:23 AM
jediknight52501 posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...
I see everyone always guessing Condemned or Gears 2, and those are fairly good guesses. The problem is they can't give away games that are absolute garbage (it would look badly on their platform). Their entire strategy so far has been give away games that some people will love, most people will say "MEH." They don't want to give away must-haves, like Sony is doing. So they will continue to cherry pick the 7,0-8.0 metacritic games of 5 to 8 years ago.

This really hasn't changed my perspective on the entire program. Not as good as PS+. Not good enough to keep me purchasing Gold. Hell I might buy a PS3 when my subscription runs out just to get access to all those sweet sweet games on PS+ that are already available.

they are rentals. once PS Plus is up, you lose the games. when you get the Free Games With Gold, they are yours to keep forever. do research and you will see i am right about PS Plus.

Sorry jump back onto this a few days later. But somebody on another forum compared the difference between the two programs like this. PS+ is the gaming equivalent of Netflix. Games with Gold is a box full of old VHS tapes. Sorry. I'll go with Netflix. You argument is awful.
#64FocianPosted 10/21/2013 7:04:48 AM
pothocket posted...
Monday Night Combat!

I'd be so damn happy if it were!
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#65simonbelmont2Posted 10/21/2013 7:15:49 AM
ssj5goku2005 posted...
The Top Crusader posted...
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is like 2.99 at Gamestop now... so its probably a contender.

It's actually a great game, though... it's just that 90% of the people who would enjoy it have already played it by now.

This, though if it became free I'd probably run through it again

I too thought FU could be a contender, the game is old but worth playing.

yanksfan4247 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...
I see everyone always guessing Condemned or Gears 2, and those are fairly good guesses. The problem is they can't give away games that are absolute garbage (it would
look badly on their platform).

they have so far and are being praised for it.

None of the games they have given out are absolute garbage. They are just really old.

This.

Condemned in particular is highly regarded and some people still haven't played it (myself included.) Some gamers act as if a game being old automatically equates to it being crap which is not true.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#66simonbelmont2Posted 10/21/2013 7:17:05 AM
CaoNiMa69 posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...
I see everyone always guessing Condemned or Gears 2, and those are fairly good guesses. The problem is they can't give away games that are absolute garbage (it would look badly on their platform). Their entire strategy so far has been give away games that some people will love, most people will say "MEH." They don't want to give away must-haves, like Sony is doing. So they will continue to cherry pick the 7,0-8.0 metacritic games of 5 to 8 years ago.

This really hasn't changed my perspective on the entire program. Not as good as PS+. Not good enough to keep me purchasing Gold. Hell I might buy a PS3 when my subscription runs out just to get access to all those sweet sweet games on PS+ that are already available.

they are rentals. once PS Plus is up, you lose the games. when you get the Free Games With Gold, they are yours to keep forever. do research and you will see i am right about PS Plus.

Sorry jump back onto this a few days later. But somebody on another forum compared the difference between the two programs like this. PS+ is the gaming equivalent of Netflix. Games with Gold is a box full of old VHS tapes. Sorry. I'll go with Netflix. You argument is awful.

I'd prefer an option similar to PS Plus as I'd rather get to play newer games. However I am not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth and complain about free games.
---
#67gldooriiPosted 10/21/2013 7:34:35 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...

I'd prefer an option similar to PS Plus as I'd rather get to play newer games. However I am not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth and complain about free games.

Free? We pay for Gold. It's not "free games for everyone", it's "free games if you pay for a service that Playstation users don't have to pay for". People gotta keep in mind that Xbox Live Gold is the same service that the free Playstation Network is. And yea I agree I'd rather have Netflix than a box of old VHS tapes lol.

I subscribe to both, but personally it makes more sense to pay $50 for a service that gives me lots of incredible sales as well as many recent games for my PSP, Vita, PS3 (and soon PS4) to "rent" as opposed to paying for a service that gives me mediocre sales and games that I can keep..that I've already played years ago and already sold/traded in/or already have.

But hey, free is free, so why complain. It would just honestly make so much more sense that if M$ wants to give away free old games that they give people the classics that made the system so desirable.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#68simonbelmont2Posted 10/21/2013 8:04:25 AM
gldoorii posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...

Free? We pay for Gold. It's not "free games for everyone", it's "free games if you pay for a service that Playstation users don't have to pay for". People gotta keep in mind that Xbox Live Gold is the same service that the free Playstation Network is. And yea I agree I'd rather have Netflix than a box of old VHS tapes lol.

I subscribe to both, but personally it makes more sense to pay $50 for a service that gives me lots of incredible sales as well as many recent games for my PSP, Vita, PS3 (and soon PS4) to "rent" as opposed to paying for a service that gives me mediocre sales and games that I can keep..that I've already played years ago and already sold/traded in/or already have.

But hey, free is free, so why complain. It would just honestly make so much more sense that if M$ wants to give away free old games that they give people the classics that made the system so desirable.

I guess the main difference is now we get more for our money because the GwG thing was thrown into the deal. It would be nice to get some more recent games for GwG though.

I'd rather have free online like the PS3 but I don't own a PS3 so that option is not open to me.
---
#69Super CreaturesPosted 10/21/2013 8:57:26 AM
gldoorii posted...
it's "free games if you pay for a service that Playstation users don't have to pay for".

You mean until November, right?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#70xninjagrrlPosted 10/21/2013 10:15:08 AM
Who cares, it's going to be garbage you wont want clogging up your hd.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.