This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disney's Aladdin from the Sega Genesis console.

#1shotgunheadshotPosted 10/18/2013 3:22:48 PM
I think this would be a good Xbox arcade game for download. I seen the supernintendo version and it's way different and wasn't the same. I had the game on Genesis and had fun with it. Sega was the publisher and it was helped made by Virgin games I think. So I don't see why getting rights would be too hard. I think some people consider the game a classic.
#2Arucard05Posted 10/18/2013 3:32:24 PM
It's definitely one of the best 2D platformers. Simply porting it would be pretty unnecessary in my opinion but remake with full HD sprites would be cool.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.
#3brunbbmercPosted 10/18/2013 3:46:51 PM
they have to get the rights from disney
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
http://www.gif-man.com/Animatedgifs/Spinning-SkullRedEyes.gif
#4shotgunheadshot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 3:55:57 PM
SEGA presents a Disney/Virgin Games co-production of Disney's Aladdin. That's the read up on the back of my genesis case. So they do need the rights from Disney like the above poster said.
#5bigphil2003Posted 10/18/2013 4:15:37 PM
Lion King was also great!
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#6BB52700Posted 10/18/2013 5:00:32 PM
fml that Cave of Wonders level. Such a great game, though
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#7WinternovaPosted 10/18/2013 5:06:05 PM(edited)
shotgunheadshot posted...
SEGA presents a Disney/Virgin Games co-production of Disney's Aladdin. That's the read up on the back of my genesis case. So they do need the rights from Disney like the above poster said.

Since Sega published it, they might have the rights to put it on XBLA. It depends on how the publishing contract reads. Considering they did ports for the PC, NES, and Gameboy, it's likely that they could release the game on XBLA if they wanted to.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)