This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Perfect Dark Zero was the first and BEST first-person shooter of this generation

#51BlueJester007Posted 10/21/2013 10:20:18 AM
teehee23 posted...
Perfect Dark Zero is a very fun game, especially co-op.

You're welcome.

Don't you mean, "It's the bestest game ever, and everyone who hates it be mad. So nice."?
---
Deus Ex: Human Revelation OST Title: I Never Asked For Discs
#52harrykid1Posted 10/21/2013 10:53:25 AM
Just another thread that I wish would die but because stupid people have to argue over unrelated stuff boring old topics stay on this board for days
#53xninjagrrlPosted 10/21/2013 11:13:44 AM
That game was terrible
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#54BlueJester007Posted 10/21/2013 12:25:26 PM
harrykid1 posted...
Just another thread that I wish would die but because stupid people have to argue over unrelated stuff boring old topics stay on this board for days

And yet,you posted in it, thus bumping up to the top of the topic list...
---
Deus Ex: Human Revelation OST Title: I Never Asked For Discs
#55DarkReign2022Posted 10/24/2013 7:04:17 PM
I admit I enjoyed Perfect Dark Zero. The campaign was rough compared to the original game, but it was also one of the first 7 or so games released for the 7th generation and 1 of the two first FPS titles as well (I believe Condemned was a Day 1 launch title as well.)

The graphics were quite stunning for their time and I loved the weapon variety. It also greatly utilized breakaway armor, a first of its kind thank to the particle effect enabled by the 360's processing power. The cover system was wonky, but it was another first of it's kind (that I know of.) Most importantly, though, it was the first console game to support 50-player multiplayer with large-scale maps (that scaled based on player count) and it also took advantage of a gameplay mode almost identical to the system Counter Strike utilizes (Playing matches to earn money, than buying new weapons at the beginning of each round in the circle menu.)

Honestly, tighten up the gameplay a bit and hire some new writers to script a better campaign and Perfect Dark 2 could be amazing. It's a shame that Microsoft has them focusing on Kinect Sports Rivals because I really want to see some classic Rare gaming. Conker, Kameo, and Perfect Dark all need sequels (I'd even like to see them do a Grabbed by the Ghoulies arcade release) along with some original new IPs. There first few MS releases weren't a huge hit, but they've been making a comeback and hiring the right people would make a world of difference.
#56squidney2k1Posted 10/24/2013 8:24:41 PM
I only remember 2 things about that game:

a) Having fun with the Laptop Gun
b) A bot named "Pimple" that absolutely destroyed everyone.
---
Xbox One games looked more impressive...but I wish they were on the PS4. **** you Microsoft! \m/ (O_o) \m/