This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would downloading Xbox 360 games I already own effect achievements?

#1TheArcadePosted 10/20/2013 11:04:57 AM
For instance I already have a copy of Halo 3. But my 360 is very old and I'm trying to save the disc drive from wear and tear. Things run a lot smoother from the Hard Drive, I don't want to inhibit my ability to score achievements either. If I downloaded a free game that I already own on-disc such as Halo 3. Would that compromise current achievements or any future achievements I might want to collect on this specific game?

Btw I normally install 360 disc games on the HDD but not in Halo 3's case. Microsoft warns that installing the game may make it run slower. The other thing that worries me ever so slightly is my disc is beginning to skip a little. Time for download?
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#2sakkidatta 13Posted 10/20/2013 11:14:58 AM
No, it won't affect a thing. I got rid of Halo 3 in 2008 but just downloaded it for free. Feels like a new game again.
#3SunDevil77Posted 10/20/2013 11:16:36 AM
Nope. Digital Download cheevos and physical cheevos for the same game are the same.
---
Uh, yes, sir. They're driving an '84... Sheepdog.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4TheArcade(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 11:22:16 AM(edited)
sakkidatta 13 posted...
No, it won't affect a thing. I got rid of Halo 3 in 2008 but just downloaded it for free. Feels like a new game again.

SunDevil77 posted...
Nope. Digital Download cheevos and physical cheevos for the same game are the same.

Very well, begin downloading now thank you guys.
---
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#5Super CreaturesPosted 10/20/2013 11:36:13 AM
The only time it matters is when they are actually two different games, such as with Arkham Asylum (original retail and GoD versions) vs. Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, which are considered two separate games, with separate achievement lists.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#6davepescPosted 10/20/2013 1:50:20 PM
What they said. I rented the Assassin's Creed 2 disc ages ago, then continued the same gamesave when it was free to download.
---
"**** you'll thats all you mofos know how to do iss pick on people cause there typeing **** this site" DarkAssAssIn051
#7sonicteam2k1Posted 10/20/2013 1:55:05 PM
Super Creatures posted...
The only time it matters is when they are actually two different games, such as with Arkham Asylum (original retail and GoD versions) vs. Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, which are considered two separate games, with separate achievement lists.

like Lost Planet and Colonies Edition
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#8TheArcade(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 2:35:29 PM
I just learned something new today about normal and GOTY editions. Sweet!
---
#9ohollywoodoPosted 10/20/2013 4:00:36 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...

Not sure how correct that is.
I had played Naughty Bear reg disc before, and recently loaded up the gold edition (or whatever) disc, and it treats them as one and the same.
---
ooH0LLYW00Doo <-- feel free to add me
#10sonicteam2k1Posted 10/21/2013 8:06:17 AM
ohollywoodo posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

Not sure how correct that is.
I had played Naughty Bear reg disc before, and recently loaded up the gold edition (or whatever) disc, and it treats them as one and the same.

I know how correct is is because I've owned both lost planet games. check my GT Toph Bei Fong. They're listed as different games.

Can't comment on naughty bear because I have never played them.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own