This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone who doesn't usually like post apocolyptic games wnjoy fall out?

#11Lightborne(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 11:25:56 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
As posted above, NV has better writing but is glitchier. It also has a 'hardcore' mode, if that appeals to you. Personally, I preferred 3 to NV. I liked the old DC setting to the New Vegas setting.

I read that nv has gun upgrades and 3 doesnt and I love gun upgrades for my rpg elements. I also heard nv I's patched now and ultimate edition has all the dlc. However my biggest concern is nc like skyrim? Where you have to choose between lesser evil stuff or can I actually make moral choices without forced consequences?
#12DiscernPosted 10/20/2013 11:29:11 PM
Yeah, NV has attachments for weapons. When you're making decisions it's more or less what faction you're helping with some good/evil decisions as what actions you take.
---
GT- Discern88
#13vigorm0rtisPosted 10/20/2013 11:36:55 PM
Lightborne posted...
Where you have to choose between lesser evil stuff or can I actually make moral choices without forced consequences?

It does have more features, that's true, and you can craft ammo, and I think different kinds of ammo (er... don't quote me on that, it's been a while). NV is all patched out but still buggier than 3, but honestly, I didn't have too many problems and nothing too bad. The ultimate edition comes with all DLC and all pre-order content, which is a good deal.

In terms of moral choices, a lot of the decisions in both games have only consequences in terms of how a certain quest is resolved and some effect on your overall reputation, but usually it's not a huge budge in that number, you can play in some gray areas if you want and it won't affect your game. There are also some 'random acts' type situations where you can choose do so something small, like giving fresh water to a dying man or lying to someone for a small profit that give you small bonuses or negatives to your alignment but don't really have any other consequence.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#14Lightborne(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 11:57:17 PM
Discern posted...
Yeah, NV has attachments for weapons. When you're making decisions it's more or less what faction you're helping with some good/evil decisions as what actions you take.

Hmmmm I see so you choose what good and evil decsisions within the faction but still your helping the faction that gives evil choices to other members so I guess that means your still supporting them.
#15vigorm0rtisPosted 10/21/2013 12:06:01 AM(edited)
It's also worth noting that some factions in NV are more 'evil' or 'good' than others, so it's possible to play a good character without having to lean too far in out of alignment.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#16Lightborne(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 12:23:43 AM(edited)
vigorm0rtis posted...
It's also worth noting that some factions in NV are more 'evil' or 'good' than others, so it's possible to play a good character without having to lean too far in out of alignment.

I don't know nv is starting to sound unappealing and I know to.some its more realistic but I completely disagree with the right systems and ideas it could be very different.

I just looked into factions turns out ncr is the only good ending, so I'd rather not be forced into.one faction choice.

Looks like I'm leaning more towards fallout 3.

Ok I do have 3 questions about fallout 3, if I want to steal from jerks in the game how badly does it effect karma? Is there a a thieves guild and what are the most fun builds where I'm not forced to uee vats all the time?
#17DiscernPosted 10/21/2013 12:17:54 AM
That's the thing with NV, yeah the factions have basically an alignment but really it's morally grey. Doesn't help I'm playing NV as we speak lol. And yes you were right about different ammo. There are regular, hollow tip and armor piercing ammos
---
GT- Discern88
#18GuideToTheDarkPosted 10/21/2013 12:18:18 AM
Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns in a wasteland, and some interface improvements.

NV is where the setting comes into it's own.
---
Creating an engine that generates fun is high art.
#19vigorm0rtisPosted 10/21/2013 12:18:43 AM
It's a good time either way. Like I said, I did prefer 3 more than NV myself, although I think it's just because it was a 'first exposure' preference. And I thought the setting was better-- I liked visiting Washington DC more than the NV strip, and I thought there was a little more variety in 3's landscape.
---
#20Lightborne(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 12:35:00 AM(edited)
I tried to edit my previous post before you guys replied so here it is and by the way your all awesome for so many replies and info some of the nicest people on gfaqs in a long time.

Ok I do have 3 questions about fallout 3, if I want to steal from jerks in the game how badly does it effect karma? Is there a a thieves guild and what are the most fun builds where I'm not forced to uee vats all the time?

I also edited that I won't be getting into nv since ncr is the only good ending.