This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone who doesn't usually like post apocolyptic games wnjoy fall out?

#21vigorm0rtisPosted 10/21/2013 1:34:02 AM
There's aren't factions to join in 3 really. You can become affiliated with bandits or some mercenary organizations, but it's not like Elder Scrolls games like that. Stealing is stealing, no matter who you do it from (well, mostly), but the karma loss isn't really substantial.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#22DiscernPosted 10/21/2013 1:40:37 AM
Not really any factions in 3 if I remember correctly you mainly help out towns/settlements. Going towards builds, just figure out what kind of guy you want to play and go with it. I spent a good 10 hours starting 3 by getting a bit in and if I didn't like my build I'd restart. These kind of games are dependant on how you like to play.

In 3, once again its been a while, there are slavers by big town which are really the only "jerks" besides the random raiders. Going on a limb, The Brotherhood could be considered jerks but they are mainly lawful neutral and want to keep information on tech for their selves.

I will say the Capital Wasteland is more varied,as posted earlier, but like I said earlier I prefer the Mojave lol
---
GT- Discern88
#23Lightborne(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 2:46:36 AM
Discern posted...
Not really any factions in 3 if I remember correctly you mainly help out towns/settlements. Going towards builds, just figure out what kind of guy you want to play and go with it. I spent a good 10 hours starting 3 by getting a bit in and if I didn't like my build I'd restart. These kind of games are dependant on how you like to play.

In 3, once again its been a while, there are slavers by big town which are really the only "jerks" besides the random raiders. Going on a limb, The Brotherhood could be considered jerks but they are mainly lawful neutral and want to keep information on tech for their selves.

I will say the Capital Wasteland is more varied,as posted earlier, but like I said earlier I prefer the Mojave lol

One final question is there no cool unarmed animations or melee? I couldn't find any in wiki.
#24DiscernPosted 10/21/2013 3:11:47 AM
TBH, I never have done a unarmed or melee class. I prefer to sinpe with Guns lol.
---
GT- Discern88
#25simonbelmont2Posted 10/21/2013 5:15:22 AM
The unarmed and melee kill cams in VATS are decent. The regular attack animations don't vary much though. Fallout: NV has more variety for regular Melee/Unarmed attacks.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#26Dragon NexusPosted 10/21/2013 9:47:36 AM
GrimKusanagi posted...
Also if you want scifi rpgs I'll recommend Mass Effect(straight up scifi) and Star Ocean The Last Hope(a combo of Scifi and Fantasy).

Now people are gonna ***** about Star Ocean cause it's a Jrpg. Ignore them it's a good and solid rpg.

I wouldn't b**** exactly, bout I would say not to go into it for the story. Not without knowing it's VERY B-movie and VERY anime. It annoyed me at one point where something happens and there seems to be no particularly negative outcome to it, despite me thinking there really should have been.

The combat is a lot of fun though. I enjoyed my time with it. You might want to turn Sarah's voice off though. Everyone complains about Lymle, but she didn't annoy me nearly as much as Sarah.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#27DiscernPosted 10/21/2013 10:44:29 AM
Lymle annoys more than the whole cast of Blue Dragon and the FF 13 games, kaaaaay?!

They made a 15-16 year old look and sound like a damn 5 year old. Fun game though. Need to get back to actually finishing it. Sucks when you have like 4 RPGs in your backlog that you keep bouncing between lol
---
GT- Discern88
#28xninjagrrlPosted 10/21/2013 11:12:14 AM
No, you will probably hate Fallout games. If you want a a good rpg try out the Mass Effect series, just head canon your own ending because it blows.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#29Dragon NexusPosted 10/21/2013 11:56:50 AM
Discern posted...
Lymle annoys more than the whole cast of Blue Dragon and the FF 13 games, kaaaaay?!

They made a 15-16 year old look and sound like a damn 5 year old. Fun game though. Need to get back to actually finishing it. Sucks when you have like 4 RPGs in your backlog that you keep bouncing between lol

Do you even remember Sarah? Did you get that far?
Lymle to me was only annoying because of the occasional "Kay?" at least the kid could somewhat act even if it was a bit monotone.

But Sarah actually tried for tones and inflection with an unrealistically high and airy voice. Lymle annoys with "Kay", Sarah annoys with words
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#30NakedSnake1986Posted 10/21/2013 12:08:47 PM
TC, if playing as good or evil that dramatically affects the story is important, then by all mean Fallout NV WINS BY A LONG SHOT. Not one thing you do bad nor good in Fallout 3 affects anything but a few lines of dialogue and certain characters who can be your sidekick. In New Vegas, EVERYTHING you do plays affect in how missions play out and what type of characters you will meet.

Fallout 3 has a better setting and vanilla story, New Vegas has a much improved first person shooter system (aim down sights) and much better DLC but the setting is boring and the strip is a HUGE LETDOWN.

I'd say get New Vegas first because Fallout 3 is better but the lack of Aim down Sights in Fallout 3 really hurts it from a gameplay standpoint as the free aim shooting is extremely clunky.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile