This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New 360 owner, could use some game suggestions

#1LifeBrandRobotPosted 10/20/2013 6:59:36 PM
Since the new generation of consoles is coming coupled with a great deal I finally got myself an Xbox 360. Being a Playstation gamer my whole life, aside from Halo, I know next to nothing about Xbox exclusives. Games I like are the JRPGs (Tales of Xillia, Hyperdimension neptunia series, Atelier series), games that are incredibly story driven (Last of us, Mass effect, uncharted series) and Call of Duty (the Treyarch ones). Its hard to find popular 360 games that aren't Halo or Gears of War lol so any help would be appreciated!
#2shawnmckPosted 10/20/2013 7:03:59 PM
Alan Wake
Left 4 Dead 1-2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Metro: 2033
Fable 2-3

^ and that's all I got, besides Gears of War 1-2-3-Judgement
#3mdealassfaultPosted 10/21/2013 2:18:19 AM
Dead rising, maybe?
---
IZ U HURT! #hotdog2012
"It's dangerous to go alone, jerkwad!"
#4DiscernPosted 10/21/2013 2:23:16 AM
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Star Ocean: A New Hope
Fallout 3&New Vegas
Ascend: Hand of Kul (free to play)
Obviously, Halo and Gears are good games
Not too sure what else is 360 exclusive as I don't have a PS3 but these are some of my favorite games on the 360 and some being JRPGs
---
GT- Discern88
#5JamesLiv1Posted 10/21/2013 2:31:50 AM
Odd that no one else mentioned it since you have the franchise is your post.

Tales of Vesperia.

I personally hate the 360. The system, its marketing, and its people seem very "shooter-centric" to me. Since the PS3 version didn't make it across the pond, Vesperia is the only game I own on 360. It is the only reason I own a 360.
#6JamesLiv1Posted 10/21/2013 2:38:51 AM
I can't edit, so I have to post again.

The 360 had a dismal shortage of RPGs, hence the reasoning I don't really like the system (being the RPG is my favorite genre). Many of the ones it did have are not exclusive and can be played on PS3.

Tales of Vesperia is the only JRPG I can think of that is exclusive. Star Ocean: Last Hope is good, but an enhanced version was released for PS3.
#7DiscernPosted 10/21/2013 3:15:05 AM
JamesLiv1 posted...
Odd that no one else mentioned it since you have the franchise is your post.

Tales of Vesperia.

I personally hate the 360. The system, its marketing, and its people seem very "shooter-centric" to me. Since the PS3 version didn't make it across the pond, Vesperia is the only game I own on 360. It is the only reason I own a 360.

Been meaning to get ToV especially lately, just haven't had the funds. Can't recommend something I haven't played lol
---
GT- Discern88
#8SheenavsKilleyPosted 10/21/2013 3:51:56 AM
Kung Fu Panda
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Tales of Vesperia
The Last Remnant
Infinite Undiscovery

I have 1000 for the Kung Fu Star Ocean in Tales of Vesperia
#9desert_santaPosted 10/21/2013 4:28:42 AM(edited)
Alan Wake
Tales of Vesperia
Witcher 2
Lost Odyssey
Halos
Gears of Wars(except the last one, not crazy about it, but keep in mind I am an offline gamer)
Splinter Cell Conviction(unless you hated blacklist I guess)
Kameo
infinite undiscovery
fable 1-3
magna carta 2

think that's pretty much it

there were a few other titles but I count them as decent, not that good
#10LifeBrandRobot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 3:31:39 PM
Will definately be picking up Tales of Vesperia and Fable. I'm not that interested in shooters so I don't really have the urge to pickup Gears or Halo, but I've heard that Halo has a great story so might just pick it up for SP. Tried the MP out at a friends house before and didn't like it but if story is compelling enough then who knows.