This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New 360 owner, could use some game suggestions

#11BuyersRemorse55Posted 10/22/2013 3:08:08 PM
TC, I would definatly pick up Halo Anniversay and give it a try. Its not a cutscene fest with dialogue every 30 seconds but exploring the Halo ring is great fun. Back before Halo 2, 3 Reach, etc all came out, Halo was kinda like a game where less story is more, you could let your own imagine fill in a lot of the blanks, and the game did a good job making you feel like you were the main character, but since then some of that's kind of lost with Halos popularity. Its nice being able to play a FPS that has a sense of exploration instead of being funnled through the same from set piece to set piece like its a theme park.

If you like story driver games you might want to consider Gears of War, a third person cover shooter, but there is a lot of dialogue and the story while is nothing mind blowing, I find it entertaining enough, its good reason to keep on pressing forward and get into more fire fights. The voice acting is well done, and the character are likeable. Your squad through out all the games has good chemistry, lots of great one liners. Its like a good action movie. The first 2 gears are dirt cheap nowadays, prolly under $5 used. And then also consider Gears 2 and 3 if you enjoyed part 1. The gameplay is even improved a lot in 2 and 3 so if you find part 1 a bit clunk don't let it turn you off.

Also Witcher 2 if you like RPG's.
#12BuyersRemorse55Posted 10/22/2013 3:12:27 PM
Oh and for JRPG's you got Lost Oddysey, Magna Carta 2 and Tales of Vesp. Im not a big JRPG fan so I dont know if theres more out there on 360.

Then of course other must play RPG's which you have hit on PS3

Dragon Age Orings
Mass Effect Trilogy
Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Oh and more about Gears, if you enjoyed the COD campaigns for the story, then I think you will like Gears. It has a better stories and way more fun and deeper gameplay all around.
#13jackynkurttimsPosted 10/22/2013 3:27:48 PM
Demons Souls, Tokyo Jungle and any Disgaea.
#14BluesSoul617Posted 10/23/2013 3:23:38 AM
Minecraft!!!
---
Blues Soul 617
#15xninjagrrlPosted 10/23/2013 3:27:57 AM
Spec Ops: The Line

Oldie but goodie: Mirrors Edge

little known with amazing soundtrack: WET

As far as Xbox exclusives go, the standard Halos, gears of wars

For horror survival perhaps the Condemned games

obviously Left 4 Dead 1 and/or 2 if you can snag a cheap copy

State of Decay XBL Arcade game, zombies
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#16gun_grave_Posted 10/23/2013 3:59:45 AM
Nier
---
But enough talk, have at you!
#17DtooheyPosted 10/23/2013 7:38:16 AM
Arkham Asylum/City are two of the finest games of this generation. I'd also check out Fallout 3, The Mass effect Trilogy and the orange box.
---
Enjoy Every Sandwich
#18psicat1976Posted 10/23/2013 8:49:45 AM
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
Tales of Vesperia
Lost Odyssey
Infinite Undiscovery
Magna Carta 2
Fable Series
Alan Wake
Halo Series
Metro 2033 & Metro: Last Light
#19PunkMcThrustPosted 10/23/2013 8:52:58 AM
Bayonetta is the single best game of the generation and the PS3 version is such trash it may as well be 360 exclusive.

Get Bayonetta as soon as possible.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
#20bobisking125Posted 10/23/2013 8:59:10 AM
The first Lost planet
---
And when Sovngarde beckons everyone of us dies~