This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTAV digital download is up. $109 in europe LMAO!!

#1tomcatobitricePosted 10/20/2013 10:02:13 PM
That's beyond extortion
---
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.
#2mabber_IIIPosted 10/21/2013 1:22:36 AM
value is based on perception

rockstar knows people will pay for it at that price, therefore they charge that price
#3656stoogePosted 10/21/2013 1:24:55 AM
Same in Australia.

Unfortunately it's also in the most bought list.

I got the game delivered to my door on release for less than half of that.
---
*changed my mind. The Last of Us is amazing!*
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#4steve_juneauPosted 10/21/2013 7:10:51 AM
It's 49.99 on UK Marketplace, and the cheapest its going for on Amazon is 36 with free delivery.

Why would you pay 14 extra to not have the physical disc :-/
#5BansDontWorkPosted 10/21/2013 7:14:06 AM
Enjoy your digital-only future, chaps!
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#6The_DjokerPosted 10/21/2013 7:47:58 AM
Every new Digital game has been 49.99. It's a joke but don't be fooled into thinking people buy it, the sales of those 50 games are very very low.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3ec856a327b34abd6227b86559e3e89e/tumblr_mn6la1MZCp1qbeeqko8_250.gif
#72DshmuploverPosted 10/21/2013 8:35:31 AM
It's a rip-off and considering they STILL haven't fixed the texture streaming issues they can stick it. The first patch sorted the ground textures and it all looked lovely, as soon as TU3 came along it reverted back to horrible, ugly textures and I've stopped playing it until they sort it out. I bet the digital version is no better.

Rockstar have really surprised me how slack they've been about it.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#8Dragon NexusPosted 10/21/2013 8:48:59 AM
2Dshmuplover posted...
It's a rip-off and considering they STILL haven't fixed the texture streaming issues they can stick it. The first patch sorted the ground textures and it all looked lovely, as soon as TU3 came along it reverted back to horrible, ugly textures and I've stopped playing it until they sort it out. I bet the digital version is no better.

Just a thought....did you install both discs to the same storage device?
Because that can never be "fixed" since it's part of the game's design. Uninstall the Play disc.

If you're going to do anything, get a USB stick with a high read speed and put the Install disc data on that and install the Play disc to your hard drive.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#92DshmuploverPosted 10/21/2013 9:46:23 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
2Dshmuplover posted...

Because that can never be "fixed" since it's part of the game's design. Uninstall the Play disc.

If you're going to do anything, get a USB stick with a high read speed and put the Install disc data on that and install the Play disc to your hard drive.

No, I'm not talking about pop-in. I installed to USB stick and HDD, the game runs great just some of the texture maps refuse to load in leading to really blocky ground textures, it's especially nasty in the countryside. TU2 did fix it for me, there was a bit of pop-in on the texture maps (if you were driving at speed and slowed down) but at least they loaded properly and it was a lot more detailed, for some reason every since TU3 they disappeared and the game looks ugly again.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#10tomcatobitrice(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 10:01:26 AM
2Dshmuplover posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
2Dshmuplover posted...

No, I'm not talking about pop-in. I installed to USB stick and HDD, the game runs great just some of the texture maps refuse to load in leading to really blocky ground textures, it's especially nasty in the countryside. TU2 did fix it for me, there was a bit of pop-in on the texture maps (if you were driving at speed and slowed down) but at least they loaded properly and it was a lot more detailed, for some reason every since TU3 they disappeared and the game looks ugly again.

Try installing both disks now on the HDD. They may have switched things around lol
---
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.