This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SO, they take demos away?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 10/21/2013 8:02:49 AM
I can't find the goldeneye reloaded demo on xbla for the life of me...best buy has the game for $14.99 but I was wanting to replay the demo before diving in

also, I'm seeing more and more games with NO demos..games like Lost Planet 3 and Armored Core V lost my sale.
#2TheBlueStigPosted 10/21/2013 8:10:18 AM(edited)
All content from Goldeneye Reloaded has been delisted.

LP3 and ACV never had demos to begin with.

---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#3PStrifePosted 10/21/2013 8:15:03 AM
Activision no longer controls the license, nobody seems willing to jump through the hoops presented by the present owner of the 007 James Bond property as well.

That is why the final games was a rush job which caused Eurocom to be no more last year, Activision needed that out prior to the expiry date and hopefully get the continuation out afterwards. It had one of the worst endings (it was literally text for implied DLC), ever.

You also can not keep a demo and other data assets online when their is no longer a license to be had from a publisher.
#4Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 8:24:55 AM
PStrife posted...
Activision no longer controls the license, nobody seems willing to jump through the hoops presented by the present owner of the 007 James Bond property as well.

That is why the final games was a rush job which caused Eurocom to be no more last year, Activision needed that out prior to the expiry date and hopefully get the continuation out afterwards. It had one of the worst endings (it was literally text for implied DLC), ever.

You also can not keep a demo and other data assets online when their is no longer a license to be had from a publisher.

thanx for the update
#5beautifuldreamsPosted 10/21/2013 8:45:43 AM
also, i think a lot of free items such as gamer pics and themes from contests are regularly removed
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#6Super CreaturesPosted 10/21/2013 8:51:17 AM
Since when have they ever released demos for full retail games as XBLA titles?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7infinitexxPosted 10/21/2013 9:55:32 AM
Super Creatures posted...
Since when have they ever released demos for full retail games as XBLA titles?

They don't release them as XBLA titles, they release them as demos.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#8Super CreaturesPosted 10/21/2013 11:05:17 AM
Exactly, so why is the TC look for them as XBLA titles?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9Ginsu VictimPosted 10/21/2013 12:57:30 PM

Some people mistakenly refer to the marketplace as XBLA.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#10IWUPosted 10/21/2013 2:09:06 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...

Some people mistakenly refer to the marketplace as XBLA.

...and he knows that. He just wants to nit-pick commen misnomers for stupid reasons.
---
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes I could care less if you take me for granite. If given free reign, I'll continue to tow the line so it's a mute point.