This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Batman Arkham games have to be the greatest bang for your buck ever

#1RPGNinja123Posted 10/21/2013 10:49:36 PM
In terms of the ratio of gameplay value to money spent paying for the game the Batman Arkham games have to be one of the greatest bangs for your buck if you buy them at their current prices.

Even back when it was retail value which is when I bought it it was well worth the price of admission. I realize it is a popular game and all and it is not rare but it is shocking to see a game so great reach such low prices.
---
3DS FC-0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add me) PSN : Monado_Sword
My opinion matters more than yours and is always factually correct.
#2Robin_MaskPosted 10/21/2013 11:38:18 PM
Then the stupid fact that around half a year later, the GOTY edition with ALL the DLC of AC comes out at $50 for no reason.

Honestly, as good as the dialogue and VAs are, since they are from the BTAS anyway. The game feels a bit stale, the first run is fun, but the extra parts are dull.

All the costumes are DLC in AC, AA had an armored costume, which wasn't brought back for some odd reason.

Catwoman is the ONLY extra character to be used in the campaign for AC.

Robin and Nightwing aren't even there for a good reason besides filler crap on the lame challenge mode.

You need the DLC to play as Robin on one part of the entire AC map if I remember right.

The challenge mode is worse. It was okay in AA with having to play each map separately, then AC gives artificial difficulty by adding campaigns and making you beat three in a row, some are already luck based to get the max rating for so it's even more BS artificial difficulty.

Fun games, just horrible managing of AC.
---
Support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#3ZDT_LeaderPosted 10/21/2013 11:43:56 PM
Imo I don't think it is really.. Bought batman AC goty. Beat the game played roughly 1/3 of Harleys revenge and just quit.. The game got some boring. Also I find the challenge map things pointless.
---
LoL IGN/Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#4Deathx113Posted 10/22/2013 4:24:05 AM
I loved the first game and it definitely was worth whatever I paid for it, amazing game.

That said I don't like batman so I haven't bought Arkham City yet, I know I'll enjoy it, I just can't get into batman for some reason.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#5simonbelmont2Posted 10/22/2013 4:56:21 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
Then the stupid fact that around half a year later, the GOTY edition with ALL the DLC of AC comes out at $50 for no reason.

Honestly, as good as the dialogue and VAs are, since they are from the BTAS anyway. The game feels a bit stale, the first run is fun, but the extra parts are dull.

All the costumes are DLC in AC, AA had an armored costume, which wasn't brought back for some odd reason.

Catwoman is the ONLY extra character to be used in the campaign for AC.

Robin and Nightwing aren't even there for a good reason besides filler crap on the lame challenge mode.

You need the DLC to play as Robin on one part of the entire AC map if I remember right.

The challenge mode is worse. It was okay in AA with having to play each map separately, then AC gives artificial difficulty by adding campaigns and making you beat three in a row, some are already luck based to get the max rating for so it's even more BS artificial difficulty.

Fun games, just horrible managing of AC.

I agree.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#6MacDofGlasgowPosted 10/22/2013 4:59:14 AM
I thought Arkham Asylum was good.

Arkham City is a considerable improvement and one of the best games on 360. I bought the GotY and I liked how the Catwoman missions slip in to their chronological place in the story (or close to since you obviously don't play concurrently). I don't like the challenge mode so I don't bother with it. I loved the side missions, great fun.
---
Backlog (6): Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, X3, Dungeon Siege 3
#7majinbuu58Posted 10/22/2013 6:46:11 AM
The games are great but biggest bang for your buck? Have you played skyrim? lol
#8DyingPancakePosted 10/22/2013 7:38:05 AM
Not far off I'd say

I got AC for $10 new last year and spent around 3 months playing it
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 10/22/2013 7:45:53 AM
Meh, they're good games, but a lot of games have a lot of 'bang for your buck' at $10. I won't be picking up the next one until the collected version comes out and drops in price after AC came out so shortly after release with all the DLC.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#10Dragon NexusPosted 10/22/2013 11:16:54 AM
MacDofGlasgow posted...
I liked how the Catwoman missions slip in to their chronological place in the story

Except they don't.
You miss that time vortex she falls into after meeting Ivy?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde