This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox doing something odd when I turn it off

#1XxXSlateXxXPosted 10/21/2013 11:41:44 PM
I have the Limited edition GoW3 slim and when I turn it off the center light of the power button on the system pulses over and over for a few minutes, its very slow, like one pulse every 5-7 seconds. Does anyone know what this means?
#2ZDT_LeaderPosted 10/21/2013 11:48:13 PM
Do you have your controller charging? Or maybe you didn't finish downloading something..

Xbox will either finish charging the controller or downloading the item then turn off.
---
LoL IGN/Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#3XxXSlateXxX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 11:58:14 PM
I had started downloading Halo 3 but didnt finish it

did they add some low power standby mode for downloads? dont remember that being a thing
#4ZDT_LeaderPosted 10/22/2013 12:03:32 AM
XxXSlateXxX posted...
I had started downloading Halo 3 but didnt finish it

did they add some low power standby mode for downloads? dont remember that being a thing

Its been around for quite some time.
---
LoL IGN/Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#5NeVaRmoorePosted 10/22/2013 1:02:05 AM
Yeah that's background downloading.
#6CapwnDPosted 10/22/2013 1:07:04 AM
It's pretty much one of the best and most necessary fixes ever.

When Cloud gamesaves first started, the save would often not sync up to the cloud if you turned off your Xbox right away, without actually checking your active downloads to see if the cloud was syncing. So next time you loaded a game, it would often not be able to load the most current save and you'd have to cross your fingers while you selected either using the cloud save or using the cloud save that was physically saved to your 360.

One way to fix that would be to turn on the xbox that you were last using, let it finish the cloud download. But that's dumb. You'd have to call your friend and say "umm... can you just turn on your xbox for a few mintues? I need to get my cloud saves synced."
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#7XxXSlateXxX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:42:01 AM
thanks guys, just glad to know there is nothing wrong with my xbox lol