This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Buy Xbox 360 sale

#1devil_lordPosted 10/22/2013 5:59:08 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet.

Best Buy is selling Xbox 360 E Slim 250GB holiday bundle that comes with Tomb Raider and Halo
4 for $250 and come with a Best Buy $50 gift card at check out. Just picked up this deal at my local store today.
#2Hucast9Posted 10/22/2013 6:04:31 PM
That's an awesome deal. Both games are great. I just replayed the Halo 4 campaign, and it was very good.
#3TheBlueStigPosted 10/22/2013 7:07:59 PM
Not worth it, go find an S unit, some places still have them in stock and they're a better unit than the E model.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#4devil_lord(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:14:58 PM
don't really know differences between S or E model other than the form factor...will have to look into it
#5glassghost0Posted 10/22/2013 7:18:51 PM
devil_lord posted...
don't really know differences between S or E model other than the form factor...will have to look into it

He's exaggerating and hates everything.

The unit is smaller but the insides aren't the same as the S model so it's not going to overheat

-they removed the A/V and S/PDIF ports in favor of a single composite out jack.
-4 usb ports instead of 5
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#6devil_lord(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:29:09 PM
Looks like they have HDMI which is fine as my whole set up is based on HDMI, tv, receiver, etc.
#7TheBlueStigPosted 10/22/2013 7:30:54 PM
glassghost0 posted...
devil_lord posted...

He's exaggerating and hates everything.

The unit is smaller but the insides aren't the same as the S model so it's not going to overheat

-they removed the A/V and S/PDIF ports in favor of a single composite out jack.
-4 usb ports instead of 5

Actually they do get hotter than the S models because it's smaller so there's less airflow around the critical parts, with pretty much the same cooling hardware as the S model.

The removal of the ports is the biggest thing that makes the E model a downgrade from the S model. Most of the headsets on the market use the Digital Optical Audio output port (especially the high end headsets), and pretty much all surround sound systems on the market use that port.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#8fanboymaycryPosted 10/23/2013 2:20:44 PM
I have absolutely nothing against the Xbox 360, but TheBlueStig is only telling the truth. The S model is the better model compared to the E version. For all of the reasons he cited.

MS had no excuse to cut corners when they designed the E console revision. That's the only thing stopping me from owning one of that version.

S model is the way to go.