This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the greatest DLC of this generation...

#1LEGEND_725Posted 10/23/2013 10:59:30 PM
Has to go to Shivering Isles right? It represents everything a DLC/expansion should be: Full of content, Fun, non-recycled, and improved on the original game in every way. I struggle to even think of a DLC that comes close although the Fallout games had good ones and most EA games had the worst. I really wish all DLC would set itself to that standard instead of nickle and diming everyone with little $3 packs that add next to nothing.
---
if you have accepted Xbox One as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig
#2DarkReign2022Posted 10/23/2013 11:12:03 PM
Shivering Isles was quite excellent because it was actually an Expansion and not just a quick add-on like the earlier Oblivion content was (BTW, I'm still annoyed that they never included the other DLCs with the GOTY edition) Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC wasn't quite as large, but it was pretty enjoyable as well and it was a happy sampling of our hopeful return to Morrowind (still remains the greatest entry in the entire series.)

Beyond that, I would have to say my personal favorite was Mass Effect 2's Lair of the Shadow Broker and the Kasumi add-on comes up closely behind it. Both extremely well done in my opinion.
#3frater_davidPosted 10/23/2013 11:16:28 PM
Bethesda is one of the only companys to do DLC right. They started off rocky by Shivering Isles, Dragonborn, Point Lookout were all great ADD-ONS. I say Add-ons because I feel it actually adds stuff to the game that was not originally intended to be included as opposed to DLC which feels ripped from the game. There is a difference.
#4beautifuldreamsPosted 10/23/2013 11:56:48 PM(edited)
I thought Shivering Isles was decent (though i think a bit overrated because of the lackluster dlc preceding it), and along with Dragonborn, Point Lookout, and Broken Steel, were betheseda's top DLC.

Borderlands 1/2 had some nice add-on campaigns
Ilomilo, Dark Souls, Trials HD, N+, Map packs for some of the multiplayer FPS were pretty good

All-in-all though, i can't say there is a single piece of DLC that i feel i would have missed out by not playing. Just some nice expansions/campaigns and level packs to extend the life of game, but never adding much to the game as a whole
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#5mdealassfaultPosted 10/23/2013 11:58:51 PM
I must be the only Fallout 3 fan who hated Point Lookout.
---
IZ U HURT! #hotdog2012
"It's dangerous to go alone, jerkwad!"
#6DougEInstructorPosted 10/24/2013 12:18:07 AM
Black Ops 2 DLC was amazing every map was great.
#7bigbenrfan99Posted 10/24/2013 12:45:24 AM
I haven't played many, but Artorias of the Abyss is easily my favorite DLC.
---
F*** the Ravens Forevermore!
#8ShaqKhan1993Posted 10/24/2013 3:40:24 AM
I enjoyed the Undead Nightmare DLC for RDR
---
PSN: FleshyMeatBag
#9simonbelmont2Posted 10/24/2013 3:42:35 AM
Shivering Isles gets my vote for best DLC.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#10Donuts_R_GoodPosted 10/24/2013 3:57:03 AM
Undead Nightmare.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.