This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

That account security message popped up again damn it

#11Dragon NexusPosted 10/24/2013 2:11:41 PM
AWarAmp84 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
I like how people blame their own inability to keep their information up to date on anything other than themselves.

Anyway...
http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

This is 2013. There should always be another way to prove your identity to a company like Microsoft other than through an obsolete email account.

You could always *not* let your e-mail account go obsolete.
And the notion of proving your identity is a tricky one. How do you help the legit customers while trying to prevent people scamming their way into someone else's account?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#12656stoogePosted 10/24/2013 2:17:01 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
I like how people blame their own inability to keep their information up to date on anything other than themselves.

Anyway...
http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

This is 2013. There should always be another way to prove your identity to a company like Microsoft other than through an obsolete email account.

And the notion of proving your identity is a tricky one. How do you help the legit customers while trying to prevent people scamming their way into someone else's account?

Oh, come on. People have plenty of reasons for letting a 7 year old email address go obsolete. What if the email address you used was linked to a company you no longer work for? Or you started using a different email address that appeared more professional on resumes?

Learn to be a little more empathetic. And if you can't then there's no need to rub salt in the wound.
---
*changed my mind. The Last of Us is amazing!*
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#130TiamaT0Posted 10/24/2013 2:38:31 PM
Microsoft surely isn't making any friends with this garbage... You would think they'd go out of their way to try to win customers back. Why should people have to make up a new account just to get MS to leave them alone?
---
Myths, Lies and complete stupidity barely scratch the surface of your ignorance.
#14CapwnDPosted 10/24/2013 3:24:06 PM
0TiamaT0 posted...
Microsoft surely isn't making any friends with this garbage... You would think they'd go out of their way to try to win customers back. Why should people have to make up a new account just to get MS to leave them alone?

Yes, all that pesky security getting in the way.

I just want to get hacked like on PSN.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#150TiamaT0Posted 10/24/2013 3:35:51 PM
CapwnD posted...
0TiamaT0 posted...

Yes, all that pesky security getting in the way.

I just want to get hacked like on PSN.

They are doing this security BS because of stupid people. Squeakers that shouldn't be on Live to begin with... Morons who go on bogus websites to get "free MS points"... Scrubs that have to use cheats to compete in multi-player games... Those are the people who get hacked.

I've had a 360 since day one, without ever running into a "hacker" issue. Why? Because I have enough common sense not to become a victim. Those that do not, have brought it upon themselves.
---
Myths, Lies and complete stupidity barely scratch the surface of your ignorance.
#16Dragon NexusPosted 10/24/2013 3:52:22 PM
656stooge posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

Anyway...

Oh, come on. People have plenty of reasons for letting a 7 year old email address go obsolete. What if the email address you used was linked to a company you no longer work for? Or you started using a different email address that appeared more professional on resumes?

Learn to be a little more empathetic. And if you can't then there's no need to rub salt in the wound.

The address I linked to my gamertag isn't the address I use now.
when I stopped using the address I used to use, I updated to a new one.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#17ShuraYukihimePosted 10/24/2013 4:20:04 PM
The easier it is for you to recover your tag the easier it is for anyone to recover your tag.

This is why you never answer security questions with real answers. It's why you don't give the bank your mother's actual maiden name when opening an account. It's why social engineering accounts for more stolen accounts than anything else.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#18rusty12000Posted 10/24/2013 7:09:31 PM
OMG Saxon the joke account!!
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM