This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bout to go to gamestop for the buy 2 get 1 free deal. Reccomendation?

#11Cashew(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 7:49:44 AM
Just thought d update. Got fable 2, arkim city, and call of juarez bound in blood. All together it was like 20 something bucks. Not bad and enough to keep busy for quite a while. Just so you the deal isnt all that good. The free game has to be the cheapest game no matter what and they all have to be under 20 bucks. So basically fable 2 was free since it was like 3 bucks.. Meh whatever.
---
My give a damn is busted.
#12glassghost0Posted 10/27/2013 8:19:29 AM
Cashew posted...
Just thought d update. Got fable 2, arkim city, and call of juarez bound in blood. All together it was like 20 something bucks. Not bad and enough to keep busy for quite a while. Just so you the deal isnt all that good. The free game has to be the cheapest game no matter what and they all have to be under 20 bucks. So basically fable 2 was free since it was like 3 bucks.. Meh whatever.

They do not have to be under 20 dollars and you wasted the deal, lol.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#13The Top CrusaderPosted 10/27/2013 8:23:55 AM
Yeah, I make sure everything I'm getting is at least close to the same price... Just make a separate purchase if you want something that's 3 bucks, unless you're getting a couple others at the same price.
---
----
-----
#14Cashew(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 2:22:12 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Cashew posted...

Can you elaborate on what i did wrong? The employee told me it had to he the cheapest game..
---
My give a damn is busted.
#15kidwgmPosted 10/27/2013 2:23:42 PM
Cashew posted...

Lol, I think you misunderstood. We just bought six games for this b2g1f deal. The most expensive game was 27 dollars while the cheapest was $17.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)
#16glassghost0Posted 10/27/2013 2:43:13 PM
Cashew posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Cashew posted...

Can you elaborate on what i did wrong? The employee told me it had to he the cheapest game..

Yes it has to be the cheapest game, but you literally chose one of the cheapest games therefore not conducting the most beneficial deal you could have.

The games didn't have to be under $20, and it is on the majority, if not all of the stock. You could've bought 2 systems and got 1 free.

Now, I don't know how much money you had to spend, or if you're even unsatisfied/don't care about the deal you got, but for example:

-Arkham City = 12.99
-Bound in Blood = 4.99
-Fable 2 (Base game) = 2.99 (Free)

You only saved 3 bucks in that scenario

You could've bought:

-Arkham City,
-12.99 game,
-12.99 game (free)

then just bought Fable 2 for less than 3 bucks
---
No Thanks
#17smashthesmurfsPosted 10/27/2013 3:59:37 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Cashew posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Cashew posted...

Yes it has to be the cheapest game, but you literally chose one of the cheapest games therefore not conducting the most beneficial deal you could have.

The games didn't have to be under $20, and it is on the majority, if not all of the stock. You could've bought 2 systems and got 1 free.

Now, I don't know how much money you had to spend, or if you're even unsatisfied/don't care about the deal you got, but for example:

-Arkham City = 12.99
-Bound in Blood = 4.99
-Fable 2 (Base game) = 2.99 (Free)

You only saved 3 bucks in that scenario

You could've bought:

-Arkham City,
-12.99 game,
-12.99 game (free)

then just bought Fable 2 for less than 3 bucks

I'm amazed you had to elaborate on how he didn't get the best deal.
---
GT: papa cashwads
#18BurgerTime79Posted 10/27/2013 4:24:58 PM
I couldn't get into Gamestop until 15 minutes before they were closing. Was going to take advantage of this deal since I'm getting a 360 on Black Friday, and want to grab just exclusives (if it's also on the PC, then it's not an exclusive). Couldn't find 3 games I wanted in good enough cases in enough time before they closed. Wish the sale wasn't just during the weekend.
---
Co-host of The Intellivisionaries Podcast
The answer to most questions in FFXIV: DO THE STORY QUESTS!!!
#19glassghost0Posted 10/27/2013 4:35:38 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
I couldn't get into Gamestop until 15 minutes before they were closing. Was going to take advantage of this deal since I'm getting a 360 on Black Friday, and want to grab just exclusives (if it's also on the PC, then it's not an exclusive). Couldn't find 3 games I wanted in good enough cases in enough time before they closed. Wish the sale wasn't just during the weekend.

Well it was on Thursday and Friday too
---
No Thanks
#20BurgerTime79Posted 10/27/2013 5:32:23 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Well it was on Thursday and Friday too

And those days are already past, so being technical is kind of a moot point.
I haven't been able to go anywhere the past 6 days because of my work schedule.
---
Co-host of The Intellivisionaries Podcast
The answer to most questions in FFXIV: DO THE STORY QUESTS!!!