This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People just aren't satisfied anymore.

#1LamboNemoPosted 10/26/2013 1:07:31 PM
Batman: Arkham Origins came out yesterday.

I absolutely adore Batman. I've been a batman related character every year for halloween, my biggest comic collection is of Batman. I hoped and prayed that we would have Batman games like the Arkham series someday.

City is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Period. Now, I haven't had a ton of time to play Origins yet, but it is sitting at home.

Being made by a different developer, I didn't think it would be as good as the other Arkham game, but I still expected an amazing game, better than 99% of games out today.

While I can't be the judge yet, it absolutely infuriates me to come online to boards to discuss the game and see nothing but troll topics, complaining, crying, and just general unpleasantness.

It's proven to me that gamers hate change on a ridiculous level, and that gamers are never satisfied.

Origins is pretty much a refined City, and yet people hate it and are giving it worse scores than City. They have issues with the game that were also issues in previous arkham games, but mysteriously have never been complained about until a new developer came along.

I know and fully believe in my heart, if Rocksteady made this game, nobody would be complaining.
#2bossk5Posted 10/26/2013 1:17:22 PM
I'll just sum that up in one sentence...
" there are people who do not enjoy this game as much as myself and I am extremely butthurt because of it"

There ya go folks... I saved you some time.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#3ShuraYukihimePosted 10/26/2013 1:18:47 PM
Gamers would rather complain than play games. (If you go by the internet)

The truth is the majority of people who buy and play the games are satisfied. They just don't all jump online and state it.

The next time you are looking forward to a game cut off all exposure to the internet that has to do with that game before the game comes out and then all the way until you are finished with it. Then go online and see what people complained about. Think back and wonder if you felt the same way. Would you have been swayed to feel that way if you had read about it beforehand?

This goes for reviews. Ignore them until you have played the game.

People are afraid to like things.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#4ShuraYukihimePosted 10/26/2013 1:19:51 PM
bossk5 posted...
" there are people who do not enjoy this game as much as myself and I am extremely butthurt because of it"

That applies to many many posts, even in the reverse. Folks will get upset that others like something just as easily.
---
#5simonbelmont2Posted 10/26/2013 1:27:21 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
bossk5 posted...

That applies to many many posts, even in the reverse. Folks will get upset that others like something just as easily.

It definitely goes both ways, people should try to remain calm and not get so bent out of shape because others have a different opinion. Who cares if another poster likes a game or not?

I remember the TC from the AO boards, to be fair the general consensus is that AO is a good game but not as good as AC or AA. A lot of the topics on the boards seem to reflect that point of view.

Most of the topics I saw on the AO boards were posted by people with legitimate criticisms of the game. Bad frame rates, lack of polish in some other areas like animations and clipping, not enough grapple points to make traversing the bigger game area fun, the game doesn't make the most of its assassin plot etc. Some players also had problems with Batman's ability to counter effectively.

There were a few trolls on the boards but those guys seem to be the minority.

AO looks alright to me, it should tide people over for a while and fill the gap while they wait for Rocksteady's next Batman game.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#6ShuraYukihimePosted 10/26/2013 1:31:11 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
bossk5 posted...

It definitely goes both ways, people should try to remain calm and not get so bent out of shape because others have a different opinion. Who cares if another poster likes a game or not?

I remember the TC from the AO boards, to be fair the general consensus is that AO is a good game but not as good as AC or AA. A lot of the topics on the boards seem to reflect that point of view.

Most of the topics I saw on the AO boards were posted by people with legitimate criticisms of the game. Bad frame rates, lack of polish in some other areas like animations and clipping, not enough grapple points to make traversing the bigger game area fun, the game doesn't make the most of its assassin plot etc. Some players also had problems with Batman's ability to counter effectively.

AO looks alright to me, it should tide people over for a while and fill the gap while they wait for Rocksteady's next Batman game.

Kind of unrelated but "AO" will always mean Anarchy Online in my brain.

As a whole we worry too much what others think about everything.
---
#7simonbelmont2Posted 10/26/2013 1:38:24 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
bossk5 posted...

Lol, I never got a chance to try Anarchy Online. I also agree that we care too much about what others think. People should try to avoid getting worked up about trivial stuff though.
---
#8ShuraYukihimePosted 10/26/2013 1:43:45 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
bossk5 posted...

Lol, I never got a chance to try Anarchy Online. I also agree that we care too much about what others think. People should try to avoid getting worked up about trivial stuff though.

Your trivial and my trivial may be another's serious.

The best (though for many people now certainly not the easiest) solution is to simply disconnect from everyone until you are done with something.

These things weren't a problem when gaming was younger. You didn't have thousands of voices all saying something was great or sucked before you even had a chance to play it. People miss out on a great many thing because others tell them how to feel about it.
---
#9simonbelmont2Posted 10/26/2013 2:02:17 PM
True, some do take gaming more seriously than others.

I agree too that disconnecting is probably the best option for those who want to avoid any negative views. It isn't easy though as you say.

I remember the old days before the internet and yeah things were different then. Speaking to people about games was usually a face to face experience back then.
---
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 10/26/2013 2:14:15 PM
I was pretty meh on Arkham City already.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png