This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just got Dragon Age 2. I never regretted not playing it..........until now!!!

#1Flamechamp2333Posted 10/26/2013 3:20:09 PM
Life is a mysterious adventure sometimes..Sir Flamechamp, alias of Sir Bronze...... is loving Dragon Age 2!!!!

I am grateful to the xbox 360 board, for 99% of every single game I own has been a credit to you guys, since your helpful and thoughtful recommendations & advice have always been fruitful to me and my xbox 360 collection.

But alas, you were wrong on one front, as well as most of Gamefaqs who like rpg's, since the highly critical Dragon Age 2 has always been just an after thought, since it receives as much blacklisted-ism as Final Fantasy 13. I never regretted playing this game..........until now!

Dragon Age Origins is my favorite game this gen, but man oh man, I have 11 hours into Dragon Age 2 and it's extremely good. It feels like a combination of Mass Effect 2 and Witcher 2. Actually, I think I am enjoying the dialogue more than Mass Effect 2, and I'm certainly enjoying the main quests/sidequests a lot more than Witcher 2.

Its amazing, because every area I go to, I'm getting just facialized with sidequests everywhere I turn. Speaking of the sidequests, I love them. I thought a couple quests were just normal fetch quests, and it ended up with me getting them as party members.

Speaking of party members, they are VERY good and memorable. And the banter is quite enjoyable and hilarious at times. There was some banter between verric and Isabela about her holding 50 "somethings" in her hands and they were a certain size and the mage, Anders, was like, "do I even want to know what you 2 are talking about?"

I know I read that the first 2 acts are pretty good and act 3 is bad, but the Witcher 2 was the same way for me so I really can't feel let down.

Just need to vent my feelings that I'm loving this game so far. I love the characters, loot, Kirkwall, the dungeons seem pretty good even though I know I'll keep seeing them. I honestly rank this game on par with the best rpg's I played this gen.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#2Yorkshire_14Posted 10/26/2013 3:52:16 PM
I liked it too. I've heard the DLC is quite good so I'm going to buy them next time I playthrough DA2.
---
Currently Playing: Mass Effect 3 with all DLC
#3WhitGameR44Posted 10/26/2013 4:01:45 PM
Eh. I didn't have too much of a problem with the game until Act 3. It wasn't even because of the location problem, but the fact that almost all the characters in the game start acting like complete morons around Act 3, ruining any enjoyment I had with the game.

Plus Anders is a horrible character and 10x more moronic when compared to how he was in Awakening and while I liked the quirky nature of Merrill, she too ends up being a complete idiot. The mages in this game also act completely stupid (in general so I don't spoil too much) which seemed like a half-ass attempt to not make them look as sympathetic like in the first game. Which actually did the whole "Templar vs Mages" way better than this game that had it as the central focus...

Its like the most important characters of the game end up getting sledgehammered with the "mentally challenged" stick.

I hope you are one of the few that either doesn't notice the stupidity or can still enjoy it. Sadly I couldn't.
---
Last Game: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix [PS3]
Next Game(s): FEAR 3 [360], Yakuza 4 [PS3]
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/26/2013 4:47:06 PM
Bronze, will you be my party member? (;
---
Uh, yes, sir. They're driving an '84... Sheepdog.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5twa556Posted 10/26/2013 6:41:54 PM
Nah, Games garage. I literally lold when you said the characters are memorable.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU6oTlInbs&list
Macarena!
#6MangorushXIIIPosted 10/26/2013 7:09:54 PM
twa556 posted...
Nah, Games garage. I literally lold when you said the characters are memorable.

Games garage...hmm.....sounds...hot.
#7dantelivesonPosted 10/26/2013 9:27:36 PM
I love it too.
---
--
Xbox Live GT & PSN ID: danteliveson
#8FFTHEWINNERPosted 10/28/2013 7:22:35 PM
well,miracles DO happen ;)
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#9RyamusPosted 10/28/2013 7:54:16 PM
Get the DLC if you enjoy the base game. Some very interesting plots and extra locations!
#10Dragon NexusPosted 10/28/2013 7:57:52 PM
Damn, thought I called this one.
Bronze whining for years how DA2 was crap compared to the first despite never playing it, finally caving and then finding the game was just as crap as he'd always said.

Well if he's enjoying it, that's actually better.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde