This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IYO: What was the biggest disappointment during this generation?

#1Private_NoobPosted 10/27/2013 6:15:49 PM
With the 8th Generation just around the corner, let us all sit back and recount what disappointed us the most these past seven years.

I personally would have to say the "COD-ification" of the shooter genre (All shooters trying to mimic COD.)

What about you?
---
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!
#2glassghost0Posted 10/27/2013 6:16:35 PM
Brink
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 10/27/2013 6:16:40 PM
ME2 terminator baby, everything that follows in ME3. Everything.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#4TheBlueStigPosted 10/27/2013 6:17:25 PM
Most of the stuff in CoD games was done by other shooters first, so why would they be mimicking CoD when they weren't the originators?
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#5CourtofOwlsPosted 10/27/2013 6:25:00 PM
the complete lack of reliability of the systems...not that i should've been suprised with sony...but the 360 was disapointing
---
Boycott Best Buy!
#6GrimKusanagiPosted 10/27/2013 6:26:03 PM
Gears of War
---
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragon's Dogma
Pawn: Lashara / Mage
#7beautifuldreamsPosted 10/27/2013 6:38:20 PM
sony and microsoft using their power over our digital game rights to screw and scam us
ie Sony: you lose your abilty to use your computer/otherOS, or you lose the ability to play your games
Mcrosoft: no refunds for digital items even if it's their fault

game: Bulletstorm
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#8glassghost0Posted 10/27/2013 6:39:54 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Most of the stuff in CoD games was done by other shooters first, so why would they be mimicking CoD when they weren't the originators?

CoD did it the best and was the most profitable for doing it, others wanted to try to ride off of that success, that's who and what they were copying.

Halo 4 being the best/worst example. They tried to make Halo 4's mp wayyyy too much like CoD.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#9TheBlueStigPosted 10/27/2013 6:44:11 PM
glassghost0 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

CoD did it the best and was the most profitable for doing it, others wanted to try to ride off of that success, that's who and what they were copying.

Halo 4 being the best/worst example. They tried to make Halo 4's mp wayyyy too much like CoD.

Oh look, it's the bulls*** theory of "b-b-b-but they made it popular".

That's about as stupid as all the little Nintendobots thinking that Nintendo invented the analog stick, the light gun, motion controllers, etc etc etc....
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#10Dragon NexusPosted 10/27/2013 6:47:03 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
glassghost0 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Oh look, it's the bulls*** theory of "b-b-b-but they made it popular".

That's about as stupid as all the little Nintendobots thinking that Nintendo invented the analog stick, the light gun, motion controllers, etc etc etc....

Yeah so, who remembers that Xbox game that had cover based shooting years before Gears of War made it popular?
It's not about who does it first, it's about who does it best. And you should know this.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde