This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IYO: What was the biggest disappointment during this generation?

#11glassghost0Posted 10/27/2013 5:50:13 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
glassghost0 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Most of the stuff in CoD games was done by other shooters first, so why would they be mimicking CoD when they weren't the originators?

CoD did it the best and was the most profitable for doing it, others wanted to try to ride off of that success, that's who and what they were copying.

Halo 4 being the best/worst example. They tried to make Halo 4's mp wayyyy too much like CoD.

Oh look, it's the bulls*** theory of "b-b-b-but they made it popular".

That's about as stupid as all the little Nintendobots thinking that Nintendo invented the analog stick, the light gun, motion controllers, etc etc etc....

Please elaborate on what mechanics you are specifically talking about and what games they were originally introduced in and then please explain how modern shooters are incorporating those into their games for any reason rather than trying to be the next CoD

Killstreaks? Did CoD come up with them? No. Did CoD make them mainstream/profitable? Yes
Loadouts? CoD original? No. Did CoD make them mainstream/profitable? Yes

Please look at mp in games like Halo 4, Far Cry 3, hell even Gears, and tell me they aren't trying to copy CoD
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#12TheBlueStigPosted 10/27/2013 5:52:50 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
glassghost0 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Most of the stuff in CoD games was done by other shooters first, so why would they be mimicking CoD when they weren't the originators?

CoD did it the best and was the most profitable for doing it, others wanted to try to ride off of that success, that's who and what they were copying.

Halo 4 being the best/worst example. They tried to make Halo 4's mp wayyyy too much like CoD.

That's about as stupid as all the little Nintendobots thinking that Nintendo invented the analog stick, the light gun, motion controllers, etc etc etc....

Yeah so, who remembers that Xbox game that had cover based shooting years before Gears of War made it popular?
It's not about who does it first, it's about who does it best. And you should know this.

Kill.Switch

Every time Gears and cover shooters come up that game gets named as the originator along with WinBack.

Just because your memory sucks doesn't mean anybody else has your lack of memory.

The bulls*** argument of "b-b-b-but they made it popular" is only used by blithering little fanboys who just got their incorrect theory handed back to them ripped to shreds.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#13Dragon NexusPosted 10/27/2013 5:55:37 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
glassghost0 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Yeah so, who remembers that Xbox game that had cover based shooting years before Gears of War made it popular?
It's not about who does it first, it's about who does it best. And you should know this.

Kill.Switch

Every time Gears and cover shooters come up that game gets named as the originator along with WinBack.

Just because your memory sucks doesn't mean anybody else has your lack of memory.

The bulls*** argument of "b-b-b-but they made it popular" is only used by blithering little fanboys who just got their incorrect theory handed back to them ripped to shreds.

That's why any game with a cover based mechanic is called a Kill.Switch or WinBack clone, right?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#14scoobydoobydontPosted 10/27/2013 5:55:45 PM
B-b-b-but, Stig logic.

I have no point.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#15glassghost0Posted 10/27/2013 5:56:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16TheBlueStigPosted 10/27/2013 6:00:25 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Please elaborate on what mechanics you are specifically talking about and what games they were originally introduced in and then please explain how modern shooters are incorporating those into their games for any reason rather than trying to be the next CoD

Killstreaks? Did CoD come up with them? No. Did CoD make them mainstream/profitable? Yes

Please look at mp in games like Halo 4, Far Cry 3, hell even Gears, and tell me they aren't trying to copy CoD

Killstreaks, Unreal Tournament, both mainstream and popular long before CoD was ever a wet dream.

Loadouts, Ghost Recon, both mainstream and popular.

FPS multiplayer just like CoD done in more than a dozen FPS games over the years, including PC game mods, all done before CoD ever came out.

What the HELL is the point of praising CoD for being nothing more than a thief stealing ideas from other games?
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#17majinbuu58Posted 10/27/2013 6:01:00 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
B-b-b-but, Stig logic.

I have no point.

That's the best point of the topic though.
#18glassghost0Posted 10/27/2013 6:01:39 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Killstreaks, Unreal Tournament, both mainstream and popular long before CoD was ever a wet dream.

Loadouts, Ghost Recon, both mainstream and popular.

FPS multiplayer just like CoD done in more than a dozen FPS games over the years, including PC game mods, all done before CoD ever came out.

What the HELL is the point of praising CoD for being nothing more than a thief stealing ideas from other games?

You can't honestly be this dumb, can you? Like are you being serious right now? lol
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#19LandonioPosted 10/27/2013 6:04:07 PM
Probably Reach. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Others? Nearly all Halo and CoDs:
-MW2
-MW3
-BlOps2
-Halo: Anniversary (not having CE multiplayer like they led everyone to believe up until e3)
-Halo 4
-Perfect Dark Zero
-FF13 (but it's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be; it gets progressively better from Chapter 7 onward)
-Ninja Gaiden III
-Resident Evil: ORC
-Resident Evil 6
---
#1 Alabama Crimson Tide: 8-0 (5-0)
Now Playing: RE4, Dead Rising, FF13, Halo 3, Oblivion: GOTY, GTA4, GRAW, BlOps2 (ugh)
#20thekozmicpigPosted 10/27/2013 6:17:09 PM
glassghost0 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
stig stuff

You can't honestly be this dumb, can you? Like are you being serious right now? lol

At this point, I had to create a meme image.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/X5WM/stig-reaction-image/image.png
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats