This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just started ME2 for the first time...

#1xMarkPosted 10/29/2013 6:53:22 AM
I beat the original around when it came out, and the third like 3 months ago? Or longer? Idk.

Anyway, I'm about 2 hours into the second and can already say it's better than the other two (probably since it's a new game to me).

I'm trying a Vanguard for the first time in the series and have some questions.

For starters... is it fun? Do you mainly "charge to shotgun blast" everyone?

Is it frustrating? I'm doing my first run on normal.

And last... would anyone recommend a better starting class?
#2Banana_ManaPosted 10/29/2013 6:55:57 AM
A lot of people like Vanguard...

I don't. I prefer Infiltrator or Sentinel.

That said though, each class is fun - Adept is perhaps the most 'fun' - all those powers... But Infiltrator and Sentinel characters can become absolute beasts.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
#3ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 10/29/2013 6:58:00 AM
for starting class i recommend the adept. It makes the game less about shooting and more about power combos. Lift then throw is extremely satisfying when enemies ragdoll out of the levels.

Is it frustrating? No its rather easy unless you play on the hardest difficulty which is actually kinda hard in spots.

Is it fun? Yeah for the characters but gameplay wise 3 has it beat by miles.
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/29/2013 7:02:52 AM
My favorite of the series as well.

I like Adept, personally. I hardly touched a gun, and it wasn't too easy or too hard.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5Walkman_005Posted 10/29/2013 7:24:27 AM
You played 3 before 2?

I'm sorry for your loss.
#6foodeater4Posted 10/29/2013 7:35:23 AM(edited)
I also think that ME2 is the best in the series TC. Yes it could have used more powers, weapon mods and more guns in general, but it just has the best variety of places to visit and good solid mission all through out.

The vanguard was probably my favorite playthrough in ME2. It wasn't my first playthough, but yes a lot of shot gun blasting. Youll probably find your toughest battles again bad guys at long range on ledges you cant really reach. I remember when I played my vanguard I picked reave as a bonus power which was a great long range attack. Anyways enjoy going crazy. Unless your playing on insanity difficulty you can basially probably do what you want.
#7xMark(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 7:28:30 AM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
Is it fun? Yeah for the characters but gameplay wise 3 has it beat by miles.

Yeah, I noticed some ways they improved the gameplay in 3 now that I've played 2.

Can't you dodge roll in 3? I miss that.

Anyway, the exploration seems way better in 2 so far... but like I said, I'm only 2-3 hours in.

I should most definitely try an adept. Thanks everyone.
I've only played ME as a shooter... not really focusing on biotics.
#8xMark(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 7:30:57 AM
Walkman_005 posted...
You played 3 before 2?

I'm sorry for your loss.

Lol, it's still pretty fun so far
#9SheepinatorPosted 10/29/2013 8:08:51 AM
xMark posted...

IMO that's a waste. You can play 153,294 other games as shooters, so when a game offers you something different, take it.

The choice of Vanguard also depends on difficulty level I think. On Normal it's a lot of fun. On Insanity it's no fun at all.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10simonbelmont2Posted 10/29/2013 8:14:35 AM
Sheepinator posted...
xMark posted...

IMO that's a waste. You can play 153,294 other games as shooters, so when a game offers you something different, take it.

The choice of Vanguard also depends on difficulty level I think. On Normal it's a lot of fun. On Insanity it's no fun at all.

I agree, I always played as a Vanguard or Adept for a change of pace in ME games.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him