This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what was the last xbox 360 game you were TRULY hyped for?

#1LiquidGregPosted 10/29/2013 3:45:14 PM
and did it live up to your hype? doesnt have to be exclusive.

for me, halo 3. halo 4 i had very litter hype, and may have been disappointed by bungie certainly fueled my hype with the trailers, screenshots, previews..... i miss those days. the trailler (starry night I think?) made me wonder if the games were going to have flashbacks and stuff to give it a deeper feel. although the hype may have been over it a little, i still enjoyed. i remember the beta and everything.... the game was so enveloped in mystery.

lol, feel like i can tear up i know, its stupid. what about you guys?
---
Liquid!
#2stawg007Posted 10/29/2013 3:49:56 PM
Last game I was really hyped for was Max Payne 3, huge fan

Gameplay , music and atmosphere surpassed my expectations, it was incredible in those areas

Story and characters was abysmal compared to the first two though, Max was awesome but everyone else were either uninteresting, boring or pointless
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#3joegt123Posted 10/29/2013 4:01:19 PM
AC3. Was the single biggest disappointment I've ever personally experienced.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#4JetblackmoonPosted 10/29/2013 4:23:40 PM
Payday 2. It has not disappointed me.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#5LadyYachiruPosted 10/29/2013 4:30:14 PM(edited)
Naruto Storm 3....

First game I was ever hyped for actually....didn't really start paying attention to "New" games til that was announced...

Edit...Forgot...but it did more then live up to it surpassed my expectations....
---
Vita teneat nisi miseriam.
Symmetry is key..everything must be aesthetically pleasing...
#6shawnmckPosted 10/29/2013 4:36:30 PM
Borderlands 2

I really enjoyed the first game so I was hyped for the sequel.
And while the sequel improved on some things, it fails to hold my interest for some reason. I play for about an hour and I get bored with it, and I can't quite fathom why..?
I think part of the reason why is because the loot seems more stingy...sure, the game drops lots of weapons, but most of it is utter garbage. And people claim that the story is better, but I fail to see how or why.

On the flip-side of things...I picked up a game for the XB 360 not too long ago that wasn't even on my radar, but it was suggested to me and so I checked it out and the X-ray feature intrigued me and so I picked it up...the game was Sniper Elite V2, and I was truly impressed with it.

So there was a game that I was hyped for and was ultimately disappointed (Borderlands 2)...and a game that I wasn't even following but ended up pleasantly surprised with (Sniper Elite V2).
#7ZuuFPosted 10/29/2013 5:19:38 PM
Fallout 3.
---
True Christianity is a lifestyle, not a religion. Learn it; live it.
I think I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure. Brubalities are the future of Mortal Kombat.
#8moondog84Posted 10/29/2013 6:00:09 PM
Mortal Kombat
---
Spaceballs the Signature
#9cifer520Posted 10/29/2013 6:02:14 PM
RE5. Resident Evil was my favorite series until that came out.
#10darkharePosted 10/29/2013 6:04:53 PM
im pretty excited for walking dead season2.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!