This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 E console disc drive concerns

#1sparkingconduitPosted 10/30/2013 6:29:20 AM
I just purchased a brand new E console on the Amazon deal of the day with a Kinect to replace an aging 360. The new console works great, but it has an annoying feature that I'm not sure is a problem or not. When I eject the disc drive on this console, it comes out and then sticks out at a slight angle after it reaches the apex of its ejection (very funny, I know). In other words, it ejects all the way, then twists at about a 15 degree angle at the end. The Ring of Light also constantly flashes and if I don't touch the disc drive or put a disc in right away, the drive will automatically close after about 5 seconds.

Is this normal? I know no 360 I've ever had in the past has ever done this. I've sometimes hit the eject button and then gotten up to grab laundry or answer a phone call and the drive will still be open when I get back. I don't know if this is a feature of the new console or if it's a problem with my drive. Like, is it worth worrying about now, or should I just wait and if it gets worse/breaks send it in? The console is only a day old and I just downloaded all of my old content to it, so I'd really rather not send it in right away if it's an issue.
#2Gurn BlanstonPosted 10/30/2013 10:56:59 AM
Send it back and get another, Amazon has an excellent return policy.
#3beautifuldreamsPosted 10/30/2013 11:04:05 AM
sounds bad. my phat x360 with a DVD drive ejection issues frequently has a fast blinking green light when it tries to eject
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~