This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SO at the end of the gen Capcom made quality games but.......

#1CKnightPosted 10/30/2013 9:32:13 AM
maybe took them in the wrong direction.

For the most part........

RE5, 6
DMC4, DMC(remake)
Lost Planet series
Dead Rising series
SF4
MvC3
SFxT
ect.........

Were all well made games. They played well and had good production all around but were either hindered by excessive dlc, re-releases and direction(RE going more action than atmospheric horror). Overall I would say Capcom had a solid gen.

Anyone agree.
#2Robin_MaskPosted 10/30/2013 9:38:26 AM
Lost Planet 1, yeah, not the other two.

SF and MVC made a huge comeback in gaming and are going to be EVO's top games until the next installments.
---
Support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#3gldooriiPosted 10/30/2013 9:39:52 AM
Disc Locked Content and paying for crap like colors and gems is what pissed me off the most. I have no probs with any of the games themselves. Even the two REs that people hated were good games when NOT looked at from a RE point of view.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/30/2013 9:48:02 AM
DmC didn't really go in the wrong direction...the combat just wasn't as complex. Plus they didn't develop it.
And Dead Rising is still good stuff.

But yeah, they had a really rough period up until about a year or two ago. Dragon's Dogma was great. Monster Hunter is still awesome too.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5PStrifePosted 10/30/2013 9:48:06 AM
Their fighting games somehow play worse now that they are all polygonal, as hit detection seems more shoddy compared to last gen's sprite based fighters. The first Lost Planet was part of a magical period of Capcom returning to being Capcom, instead of the mid 2000s swoon where they became Crapcom.

Now they are scamcom, with trolling people with locked content and games that somehow play worse again. They re-learned how to suck again and troll their consumers at the same time.
#6simonbelmont2Posted 10/30/2013 10:04:16 AM
They've released some really good games and some not so good ones, it's been a mixed bag for Capcom.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#7codman4Posted 10/30/2013 10:14:29 AM
I feel like Capcom's games don't wow me as much as they used to, but I would add Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter 3 ultimate as 2 good ones.
#8KID VIDPosted 10/30/2013 10:47:22 AM
I don't think that Street Fighter 4 was headed in the wrong direction. It looks and plays beautifully.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#9Etirus101Posted 10/30/2013 10:52:54 AM
I'm still waiting for Tekken Vs Streetfighter
---
I've covered wars, ya'know. Sleeping_King to me: I shall now dub Tc, "The Rustler of the Jimmies" .
#10simonbelmont2Posted 10/30/2013 11:04:56 AM
KID VID posted...
I don't think that Street Fighter 4 was headed in the wrong direction. It looks and plays beautifully.

I agree, DD is great too!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him