This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games for Gold Region locked???

#1jimm120Posted 10/30/2013 7:42:07 PM
Are they region locked?

I finally got Gold (hadn't had it since APril ) and tried to at least purchace Halo 3 for free (I already had it on the HDD from a disc but I deleted it so I could download the digital version).

Anyway, it gave me an error stating that its not available in my region OR there's an error OR something else (forgot what it said).

So, is it region locked? I'm in a "nonsupported xbox live" place. I can get everything and anything but it hasn't officially launched here.
---
Worthy Indie: Magicians & Looters -Breath Of Death -Cuthulu Saves The World -EvilQuest -Trino -Shoot 1UP -Your Doodles Are Bugged -Vintage Hero
#2jimm120(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 7:44:12 PM
got the answer possibly in the "faq".

Seems it is region locked to only those 15 or so countries.

though I'm originaly from NY *xbox was bought there, I played there, signed up for LIVE there, etc)...I'm just living here now.
---
Worthy Indie: Magicians & Looters -Breath Of Death -Cuthulu Saves The World -EvilQuest -Trino -Shoot 1UP -Your Doodles Are Bugged -Vintage Hero
#3GiedriukasPosted 10/31/2013 12:49:22 PM
It's not that specifically "games for gold" are region locked. A lot of content on Live is region locked and you can't purchase it. If a locked title happens to be on the games for gold, then you can't get it. So far I couldn't get halo 3, vegas, and the arcade dead rising game.
---
GT: Newbie LT