This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who aren't getting a next gen console this month...

#1JKSonicPosted 10/31/2013 2:22:10 PM
Would there be anything that they could have done/changed to make you get one?

For me if they were BC I probably would have gotten one (or the one that was BC). Not only don't I have that much "extra cash" to blow, but I don't really have that much room to keep my old consoles either. Just feels silly with so many great games this gen that I haven't had time for and even lots of games that I'm currently playing that just came out!

Give me a game that's actually WORTH it. This is the first time that I haven't really seen a launch game that blows me away with that new "nextgen feel"...or at least with something that was supposed to come out in the launch window (remember, Oblivion was originally a launch game then a "launch window" game).
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#2simonbelmont2Posted 10/31/2013 2:24:36 PM
Backwards compatibility is always nice, however there is nothing MS or Sony could've done to make me switch to next gen so soon.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#3656stoogePosted 10/31/2013 2:29:05 PM
I might have picked up a PS4 if they still had pre0orders available, but I'm not too bothered. There's not really a game I have to own on it anyway, so I can wait.

As for the X1, I'll consider picking one up once there's a whole bunch of decent exclusives for it. But I'll be trying very hard to give MS as little of my money as possible if I get one. No Gold, no multiplats, no DLC, no online only games (except Crimson Dragon if it doesn't have Kinect only controls).

MS would have to work very, very hard to undo all the things they've tried to pull over the last year, and I'm not falling for it again and buying one of their consoles early on, only to find out they're not interested in exclusives after the first few years.
---
*changed my mind. The Last of Us is amazing!*
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#4EcotronPosted 10/31/2013 2:37:17 PM(edited)
Fallout 4
new rockstar game
new TES

otherwise no... don't want to shell out $500, $120 (need at least 2 games IMO...), new XBL (mine expired), and then tax on top of all that
#5SkilzMCPosted 10/31/2013 2:38:08 PM
If the PS4 had Titanfall on it at launch I would buy it, I don't trust the Xbone enough to buy it PERIOD.
But really I just like to wait a bit and see which console actually pans out and delivers on its promises.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#6BuyersRemorse55Posted 10/31/2013 2:47:13 PM(edited)
The only way I would gotten one at launch or shortly after is is the price was cheaper, like around $250 like current gen consoles.

Theres also no launch games on either system that I care about. I don't like BF. Im perfectly happy sticking to COD on 360 one more time as the next gen doesn't look that much better yet. I don't even care enough about titanfall to think of using the tax return to buy one in march.

I still have a lot of games I want to play on 360 I haven't gotten to yet. And I'd rather wait a year or so and buy a new console after the first price drop, and there will be tons of $20 dollar games then too to catch up on. So yaeh probably at least a year wait for me when there somes I want I can knab cheaply and have more knowledge on whats coming out and to make sure one system doesn't totally flop.
#7MR_SorenPosted 10/31/2013 2:45:28 PM
Not really. I don't like to buy at launch. Everything is expensive, and there aren't many games.

I will probably get a next-gen console at some point, but not for a while. I didn't get a 360 until it was five years old.

BC wouldn't change my mind, it would simply help me choose which console to buy. Since neither of the upcoming consoles are offering BC, I have no reason to remain loyal to a specific platform.

I'm just going to wait until game selection, hardware quality, and price begin to look attractive and make my choice if/when that time comes.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#8Gunvalkyrie2Posted 10/31/2013 2:54:45 PM
Im with the TC. I have add - nothing really would make me buy a new console now - gamestop stacked to the gills with great looking $10 games i havent tried and i have a backlog from this gen of 8-10 games....my next gen plans are tax tiime 2015....i have a friend who bought the wii u and has the x1 and ps4 preordered and a massive backlog from this gen -- to me its just sad and overkill..i prioritize.
#9shawnmckPosted 10/31/2013 3:00:01 PM
No, I am done buying any console at launch.
I bought a PS2 at launch and it only lasted 4-months....my launch XB 360 lasted only 3 or 4 months....my PS3 lasted a week (but was able to replace it).
I'm gonna wait about a year, when all bugs & faults have been ironed out.

It's been proven that launch consoles are the most faulty.
Better to wait a year when all bugs have been worked out.
Not to mention I fully expect after a year that the hard drives will then be considerably larger.
And, the console be roughly $100 bucks cheaper.
#10DrFeelgood1984Posted 10/31/2013 3:12:22 PM
It's all about the games for me. I don't see a system seller in either launch lineup. I have more than enough money to buy both consoles and every launch title, but nothing appeals to me. XBOX is fighting an uphill battle with their $100 built-in Kinect that will be of no use to me, so I'll probably get a PS4 in about a year if there are some great games out by then.