This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who aren't getting a next gen console this month...

#31Tube_of_NoobPosted 11/1/2013 7:52:54 AM
zyxomma100 posted...
It started 6-7 years ago, when MS and Sony put out horrible first versions of systems that ended up suffering from YLOD and RROD. That pretty much guaranteed I'll never buy a system within a year after launch again. On top of that, MS's stance on trying to limit consumer rights for physical purchases mean it will be much longer before I can trust them to make any of my hardware again.

After that, it's a lack of BC and a lack of games that interest me. Back when the 360 launched, I was REALLY looking forward to Halo 3. But now, the only game that's truly on my radar is Xillia 2, and that will be on the PS3. There's only one theoretical game that could get me to jump on next gen right away, and that would be Portal 3.

I'll wait until next gen can prove itself with a good variety of interesting games, and then I'll jump. The way it's looking now, I'll get a PS4 in 3-4 years, with a much longer wait time for the XB1, if I can ever even bring myself to buy one.

Agree 100%. Except my one game would have been the next Mass Effect. The one thing I can go off is MS reputation which involves RROD, lack of original ips the last few years and all the hoopla from the Xbones announcment. But then again Sony has no real good games in their lineup. But like above poster said it will most likely be a year or two before I jump ship.
---
"There's a Moose loose aboot the hoose!"
#32stevieb1234567Posted 11/1/2013 8:17:01 AM
beautifuldreams posted...
not forcing me to get a subscription to their service if i want to play online multiplayer in any game

It sucks but thats just how its gonna being going forward. They cant afford not to. On a side note all the free to play games u dont need plus or gold to play online including dc online and whatever else comes out free to play
---
Posted using GameFlux
#33DtooheyPosted 11/1/2013 8:37:42 AM
Backwards compatibility would be great. It likely tipped the scales for me in favor of the 360 over the PS3. I'm waiting on the next generation until if finish a bunch of games from this generation first.
---
Enjoy Every Sandwich
#34ARsignal11Posted 11/1/2013 12:30:44 PM
There just aren't any games that interest me. None of the games that are being released at launch scream "next-gen" to me or seem to be that "can't-miss experience." The next-gen games that I am currently interested in are Witcher 3, FFXV and KH3.

Plus, given the history of launch consoles and problems, it's hard to trust those initial builds. I rather have the launch customers essentially "beta-test" the consoles for me so I can then buy one when I'm confident there are any rampant problems that exist.

That said, if there are any good bundles coming out this upcoming Spring, I might bite.
#35Chykka_BlackPosted 11/2/2013 1:39:27 AM
Kingdom Hearts 3, FFXV, and PvZ:Garden Warfare would make me get both systems
---
3DS FC 4081-5675-7223 Izzi
I really do not like PMs.