This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just beat Dragon Age 2. It gets too much hate- Its better than Witcher 2 lol

#1Flamechamp2333Posted 11/1/2013 4:36:08 PM
I just put 42 hours into it and beat it a few minutes ago. There is no question in my mind that it is better than Witcher 2, which for w/e reason, the games same pretty similar to me in terms of design.

I think Hawke, sarcastic Hawke that is, is a thousand times better than Geralt. He is really well voiced and seems like a cool dude even though you really know nothing about him. I like Varric, Isabella, and Meril a ton more than the witcher 2 characters anyways.

Both games are political, and I think dragon age 2 is the better political game. The sidequests are better and the exploration is even better than Witcher 2 even though it only takes place in one city. Witcher 2 is just too linear.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#2overlordlaharl0Posted 11/1/2013 4:43:09 PM
Flamechamp2333 posted...
Witcher 2 is just too linear.

Umm do you even know what Linear means? Cause Witcher two is NOT linear. That being said i dislike both of those games. Played'em Never finshed'em.
---
Why can't Horror movies be like animes? Instead of running and screaming when seeing a demon, just wait a second and unleash your super power.
#3Flamechamp2333(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 4:46:35 PM
Linearity has to do with exploration and the space you can maneuver your character in. It has NOTHING to do with story paths or routes. That is not what linear means.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#4Arucard05Posted 11/1/2013 4:51:48 PM
Ahahaha, you almost got me.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#5LadyYachiruPosted 11/1/2013 5:46:32 PM
Eh DA 2 isn't bad..not my favorite but not bad....

And...there are ALOT of things better than witcher 2...
---
Vita teneat nisi miseriam.
Symmetry is key..everything must be aesthetically pleasing...
#6VeliconisPosted 11/1/2013 5:49:18 PM
Ahahaha, you almost got me.

---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 11/1/2013 6:35:51 PM
Regardless if intentions, I agree with every word of the OP at face value.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#8VasDeferensPosted 11/1/2013 6:46:25 PM
I was surprised by DA2 when I completed it too . I'm definitely going to do several more runs of the game, using different classes and alignments . Plus I still need to buy some of the DLCs .
#9Merc123Posted 11/1/2013 9:01:25 PM
I really enjoyed DA2. I liked the characters more (Varric especially) and the improvements in visuals and having a voiced protagonist. The only thing i can really fault it for is the environments.People talk all the time like its the worst game ever, i think it gets far too much hate.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#10PwnostarPosted 11/1/2013 9:10:48 PM
I don't really think DA2 was necessarily better than Witcher 2. I wouldn't even compare them, to be honest.

But I do think DA2 was highly underrated. It's much better than people make it out to be.
---
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood