This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Surprised Titanfall 360 board is dead

#31shawnmckPosted 11/2/2013 1:37:50 PM
Nevercomingdown posted...

It's a good thing you aren't in business or investing, because you couldn't be more wrong. Microsoft is really putting a lot on Titanfall. With their bottomless pockets, everyone will know about Titanfall. It will most likely be touted as the "next Call of Duty", as it was made by a team, largely composed of the people responsible for the best CoD games. It could be a repeat of what we saw with Halo on the original Xbox. A massive hype machine that saves the console.

No single player = low sales? Sorry man but there are very, very few people with that mentality you have. I love single player (mp too), so I'm not saying it's flawed, but no one really buys the next CoD or Battlefield for the campaign.

Titanfall is coming out as CoD Ghosts and BF4 will be losing steam, and Killzone? You're kidding right? KZ might sell a million copies or two.. only because it's a launch title. It's as generic as FPS come.

To answer the question the OP asked, isn't the 360 version not made by Respawn? Either way, the Xbox boards aren't known for keeping lively discussion going on games half a year away.

^ Yeah, because Microsoft's "deep pockets" really helped the original X-Box, didn't it ?
Or how about Alan Wake, Perfect Dark 0, and some of the other poor selling Xbox games ?

And you are the one with no business sense...
Deep Pockets =/= profit or sales potential

But let me guess...your sense of business comes from watching cartoons, right ?
#32glassghost0Posted 11/2/2013 1:38:24 PM
shawnmck posted...

^ Your reading comprehension sucks then, because I even posted explaining that I was NOT judging the game based on game-play, graphics, or anything of that nature, but specifically on how well I think it will perform in terms of sales numbers.
And you still adamantly tried to refute me, based on absolutely nothing.
Go back & read for yourself.

And in exactly which post did I claim that the game was gonna "flop"..?
Oh wait, I didn't.
I only said that it "wasn't gonna be as popular as some of you think".

When I mentioned "popular", I was referring to sales potential...which I only re-iterated numerous times in order to clarify.
Which you, SunDevil, and zero ignored.

So you again, just changed what you said....

You said you weren't judging the game at all, now you are? So which one is it?
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#33DrFeelgood1984(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 1:42:08 PM
shawnmck posted...
And if so many people are so hyped for TF, then why is it's board next to dead ?

Let's compare the message boards, shall we...

Xbox One:

CoD: Ghosts = 85 pages
Battlefield 4 = 32 pages
TitanFall = 15 pages

XB 360

CoD: Ghosts = 42 pages
Battlefield 4 = 80 pages
TitanFall = 1 page

^ Yeah, TitanFall is looking to sell so well, isn't it..? < sarcasm

That was my point. I went to the Titanfall 360 board and there is zero buzz about the game there. Titanfall looks great, and I figured the 360 version would be generating some hype because there is a higher install base for 360 and no PS4 version is being released (eliminating a large number of potential next-gen players).
#34shawnmckPosted 11/2/2013 1:44:15 PM
glassghost0 posted...
shawnmck posted...

^ Your reading comprehension sucks then, because I even posted explaining that I was NOT judging the game based on game-play, graphics, or anything of that nature, but specifically on how well I think it will perform in terms of sales numbers.
And you still adamantly tried to refute me, based on absolutely nothing.
Go back & read for yourself.

And in exactly which post did I claim that the game was gonna "flop"..?
Oh wait, I didn't.
I only said that it "wasn't gonna be as popular as some of you think".

When I mentioned "popular", I was referring to sales potential...which I only re-iterated numerous times in order to clarify.
Which you, SunDevil, and zero ignored.

So you again, just changed what you said....

You said you weren't judging the game at all, now you are? So which one is it?

Would you please go and re-read what I posted..?
I said that I was NOT judging the game itself, but rather it's sales potential.
What about this do you NOT understand ?

You are delusional, and in need of serious help.
You argued that I was judging the game based on it's merits, and I explained that I was strictly going on popularity & sales potential.
And yet you still argued that I was.

You wanted me to play the game first, and I specifically stated that there was no need to, because that is irrelevant.

You are a Lost Cause.
You have lost all credibility, but don't even know it.
Learn how to read.
#35shawnmckPosted 11/2/2013 1:50:27 PM(edited)
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
shawnmck posted...
And if so many people are so hyped for TF, then why is it's board next to dead ?

Let's compare the message boards, shall we...

Xbox One:

CoD: Ghosts = 85 pages
Battlefield 4 = 32 pages
TitanFall = 15 pages

XB 360

CoD: Ghosts = 42 pages
Battlefield 4 = 80 pages
TitanFall = 1 page

^ Yeah, TitanFall is looking to sell so well, isn't it..? < sarcasm

That was my point. I went to the Titanfall 360 board and there is zero buzz about the game there. Titanfall looks great, and I figured the 360 version would be generating some hype because there is a higher install base for 360 and no PS4 version is being released (eliminating a large number of potential next-gen players).

^ I know that was your point...but some other people here can't seem to get it thorough their thick heads that I was merely commenting on how TitanFall isn't anywhere near as popular as they think.
And so I was trying to back up my claims with actual facts.

So I apologize if I seem redundant, but apparently I have to be because some people here still don't get it.
Either that, or they are just trolls.
#36NevercomingdownPosted 11/2/2013 1:49:07 PM
shawnmck posted...

It's a good thing you aren't in business or investing, because you couldn't be more wrong. Microsoft is really putting a lot on Titanfall. With their bottomless pockets, everyone will know about Titanfall. It will most likely be touted as the "next Call of Duty", as it was made by a team, largely composed of the people responsible for the best CoD games. It could be a repeat of what we saw with Halo on the original Xbox. A massive hype machine that saves the console.

No single player = low sales? Sorry man but there are very, very few people with that mentality you have. I love single player (mp too), so I'm not saying it's flawed, but no one really buys the next CoD or Battlefield for the campaign.

Titanfall is coming out as CoD Ghosts and BF4 will be losing steam, and Killzone? You're kidding right? KZ might sell a million copies or two.. only because it's a launch title. It's as generic as FPS come.

To answer the question the OP asked, isn't the 360 version not made by Respawn? Either way, the Xbox boards aren't known for keeping lively discussion going on games half a year away.

^ Yeah, because Microsoft's "deep pockets" really helped the original X-Box, didn't it ?
Or how about Alan Wake, Perfect Dark 0, and some of the other poor selling Xbox games ?

And you are the one with no business sense...
Deep Pockets =/= profit or sales potential

But let me guess...your sense of business comes from watching cartoons, right ?

The deep pockets of MS made Halo and saved the Xbox brand. Look at the sales of their games before and after Halo: CE. There really is no refuting that.

Alan Wake, there's a good example of no one caring about single player games.

PD Zero.. Do you really not know why the sales weren't so good on that one. Launch title on console with immense hardware failure, female main character, franchise that switched consoles, less than stellar reviews. C'mon dude.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
#37infinitexxPosted 11/2/2013 1:49:15 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I simply stated you can't judge it without playing it.

It is a fantastic shooter, and will sell quite well.

This was on purpose, right?
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#38SunDevil77Posted 11/2/2013 1:49:50 PM
shawnmck posted...
glassghost0 posted...

lol, no one is disagreeing with you, you fool. Where did anyone say TitanFall was gonna perform better than the other games?

^ You, SunDevil and zero were...duh.

Excuse me. Try not to shove words in my mouth. I don't like that.

Than-ks!
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#39glassghost0Posted 11/2/2013 1:50:39 PM
shawnmck posted...

Would you please go and re-read what I posted..?
I said that I was NOT judging the game itself, but rather it's sales potential.
What about this do you NOT understand ?

You are delusional, and in need of serious help.
You argued that I was judging the game based on it's merits, and I explained that I was strictly going on popularity & sales potential.
And yet you still argued that I was.

You wanted me to play the game first, and I specifically stated that there was no need to, because that is irrelevant.

You are a Lost Cause.
You have lost all credibility, but don't even know it.
Learn how to read.

shawnmck posted..
Where did I "judge" TitanFall ?
Oh wait, I didn't.

^ I am not judging the game in the way you think

I even posted explaining that I was NOT judging the game based on game-play, graphics, or anything of that nature, but specifically on how well I think it will perform in terms of sales numbers.

Why should anyone argue with you if you're just going to keep contradicting yourself?
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#40shawnmckPosted 11/2/2013 1:54:47 PM

The deep pockets of MS made Halo and saved the Xbox brand. Look at the sales of their games before and after Halo: CE. There really is no refuting that.

^ How stupid of me...here I thought Halo was made popular because it was a great game that had both a multi-player and single-player campaign that people enjoyed...but I guess that is just false.
Thanks for setting me straight and letting me know that millions of people just bought it not because it was a good game that appealed to them, but rather because Microsoft has "deep pockets."
Wow, that makes so much sense.
<end sarcasm>