This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

War Games

#1GrimKusanagiPosted 11/2/2013 2:30:24 PM
Haven't played a war game since Socom 3(I think that's what it was called). What are some good ones? Preferably cheap and zombie mods or based are always a selling point.
---
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragon's Dogma
Pawn: Lashara / Mage
#2Big_NabenduPosted 11/2/2013 5:03:42 PM
What do you consider war games? Ruse? Call of duty? Viking battle for Asgard?
---
And pray that theres intelligent life somewhere up in space because theres bugger-all down here on Earth...
#3JascoDPosted 11/2/2013 5:05:19 PM
I think he means Plants VS Zombies!

Its war!

It has zombies!
#4darkharePosted 11/2/2013 6:23:55 PM
GrimKusanagi posted...
Haven't played a war game since Socom 3(I think that's what it was called). What are some good ones? Preferably cheap and zombie mods or based are always a selling point.

socom isnt from the wargame genre, socom is a 3ps. wargames are games like xcom enemy unknown.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#5GrimKusanagi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 3:34:00 AM
Well I consider a war game to be like Medal of Honor or Call of Duty. You know like real soldiers. I mean I guess tech it's a 1ps or 3ps but a game based on World War 2 should be considered a war game shouldn't it?
---
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragon's Dogma
Pawn: Lashara / Mage
#6darkharePosted 11/3/2013 11:02:55 AM
GrimKusanagi posted...
Well I consider a war game to be like Medal of Honor or Call of Duty. You know like real soldiers. I mean I guess tech it's a 1ps or 3ps but a game based on World War 2 should be considered a war game shouldn't it?

nope thats considered a fps with a war theme, wargame is a genre and games in that genre are rts or tbs.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#7FFTHEWINNERPosted 11/3/2013 1:29:55 PM
i thought he was talking about the intellivision game "War Games" lol.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#8CrimsonCorpPosted 11/3/2013 1:38:50 PM
Well, you already mentioned COD and Medal of Honor.

Gears of War has great, satisfying gameplay and it's story centers on a very brutal war.

Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 are not so much about war, but great tactical shooters with AI squad mates. Campaign is pretty fun. Terrorist Hunt coop mode, however, is the star of the show. Split Screen or online, it's incredibly addicting.

Battlefield 3 and 4 have great online multiplayer. But their campaigns are atrocious.
---
GT: Iron Primarch / PSN: Lost_Primarch
#9Big_NabenduPosted 11/3/2013 1:54:16 PM
Quake Wars
---
And pray that theres intelligent life somewhere up in space because theres bugger-all down here on Earth...
#10shawnmckPosted 11/3/2013 2:13:23 PM(edited)
Sniper Elite V2 is a very good game...

It is set during WW II, and you are a sniper so most of it involves sniping, but it is set up like any other TPS game, and you can play it a multiple of ways, such as sneaking around or just shooting everything in sight. You have a sniper rifle, machine gun, pistol, and access to various grenades, land-mines, trip-wires, and etc.

You can also take an enemies weapon if you want, although they usually have little ammo to them left. But you collect ammo by searching dead soldiers and via ammo caches that are placed in specific locations. Weapons can also be found.

What is most unique (& fun) is the game's X-ray cam that comes into play when sniping.
You don't have to snipe anyone if you want, but it's much easier, since most of your ammo is for the sniper rifle. But when you do use your sniper rifle, the game has a chance to trigger an X-ray kill which slows down time right before the bullet is about to hit your enemy and you can see the bullet as it passes through bone and any organs.
It is very cool.

check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1M5FMysj_8

The game also features a real time bullet trajectory so that wind & distance can cause the bullet trajectory to change, but you can adjust how much in the settings.
Basically easy there is no change, and wind & distance does not affect the bullet trajectory.
Normal adjusts it slightly.
Hard and above makes it more realistic, as you have to adjust for wind and distance.
However, there is a type of meter that when used helps slow down time just a tad, and a red reticule appears that helps you adjust.

The game has a regular edition, as well as a "Silver Star" edition that has some extra DLC missions added. All the DLC can also be down-loaded for a small fee.