This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 or one for first console

#1jpremodelerPosted 11/4/2013 2:11:36 PM
I have 3 boys, 8, 5, and 4. They currently have a wii. I want to purchase an xbox system for them, but I am not sure if I should spend the $$ on the one or stick with a 360. I don't want to get a console that will be obsolete in a year.

I have been away from gaming for some time (my last system was a ps2)

any thoughts?
#2Banana_ManaPosted 11/4/2013 2:13:21 PM
360 will be good for 3 years...

I'd still say One though - may as well get the latest um... one.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
#3SheepinatorPosted 11/4/2013 2:47:02 PM
Define "obsolete"? If it has great games you haven't played yet, is it obsolete? I presume your kids won't be playing online with strangers so you won't need to buy Gold. Or if you want Gold just for Netflix or whatever then get a PS3 instead so it's free. There are over 50 games on 360 with Metacritic 90% or above, most of them probably budget price.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4Solid SonicPosted 11/4/2013 3:25:45 PM
Please raise your children to be not casual.
---
The claim: I play what's fun.
The truth: Video games aren't entertaining enough, I must chide others for choosing to play something I won't.
#5lightfighterPosted 11/4/2013 3:37:54 PM
Go with 360.
#6AshWilliams78Posted 11/4/2013 3:47:26 PM
With the amount of games the 360 has I doubt it will be obsolete any time soon.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#7ShuraYukihimePosted 11/4/2013 4:26:40 PM
Solid Sonic posted...
Please raise your children to be not casual.

Make sure they dress to the nines when playing.

"Casuals" keep the industry alive.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#8brunbbmercPosted 11/4/2013 4:54:34 PM
if you're just getting a 360 now you'll have a ton of older games to play. if they just want to play the latest versions of madden and cod or whatever, 1 is probably a better choice.
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
http://www.gif-man.com/Animatedgifs/Spinning-SkullRedEyes.gif
#9Hucast9Posted 11/4/2013 5:26:26 PM
jpremodeler posted...
I have 3 boys, 8, 5, and 4. They currently have a wii. I want to purchase an xbox system for them, but I am not sure if I should spend the $$ on the one or stick with a 360. I don't want to get a console that will be obsolete in a year.

I have been away from gaming for some time (my last system was a ps2)

any thoughts?

Even if the Xbox 360 becomes obsolete in a year, the amount of catching up that you're going to have to do is going to be insane if you've never owned a 360. Whether the console will be obsolete or not is the least of your concerns. You should be worried about how you're going to find time to play 8 years' worth of games lol