This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just played Double Dragon II from XBLA.

#11Mindbend8erPosted 11/5/2013 5:00:37 AM
I used to love double dragon back in the arcade days
---
game tag - mindbend8r
#12simonbelmont2Posted 11/5/2013 6:46:16 AM
Mindbend8er posted...

Me too.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#13NightSadPosted 11/5/2013 7:14:09 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Mindbend8er posted...

Me too.

totally agreed.

also the DD neon was a pretty good game, the music was the best and the ending theme made me laugh as hell...

too bad this DD 2 IMO was a waste of bytes
---
I used to post a good thread like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.
xbox x360:GT: El Sadshadow
#14SixStringHeroPosted 11/5/2013 7:32:00 AM
I got enough (cheap enough and exploited the elbow move) at the arcade Double Dragon I could complete it on 50 cents. I always ended up losing a life or two on the cheap level where the wall keeps moving and taking you out.

Super Double Dragon is probably my favorite of the franchise. Had great counter moves and music.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#15deeringer007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 9:33:10 AM
Yeah, I missed NES, Game boy and arcade DD games. I wish that I had DD 1 arcade on XBLA, but the game company was out of their business and they took all of their games in 2008 before I bought a new version 360. And I missed both TMNT arcade games too after Ubisoft was expired with all of their TMNT license.
#16Vampire WraithPosted 11/5/2013 10:18:12 AM
RycerX posted...
Double Dragon Neon is the only relative justice this series has seen in 25 years since DD2: The Revenge, and even that isn't perfect. I'd just like a cleaned up port of the original two. The first was pulled from XBLA years ago, but a few people out there must still have it. I take that back by the way, Double Dragon Advance on the GBA was pretty good.

Super Double Dragon was good, too.
---
Michael Cole: "Choose which one of your jobs gets their son back."
#17RycerXPosted 11/6/2013 1:54:07 AM(edited)
Vampire Wraith posted...
Super Double Dragon was good, too.

Mm, it was okay, I'd call it a classic case of good ideas with botched executions. The new moves were awesome, but pointless, because the flashier stuff did less damage and just took longer to kill your opponent, and enemies rarely attacked often enough or in the right way to make use of the block/counter. The dragon meter was a cool addition too, but it took a year to fill up and if you let go of L/R or got hit, it dropped twice as fast. Plus you couldn't charge while attacking or holding a weapon. It was just kind of annoying, having to circle around the screen and avoid enemies just to charge it up long enough to use one time, and typically on one enemy.

The bosses were kinda lame and didn't look much more special than an ordinary enemy, and some of the levels were way too long, also - it's a nitpick for a beat 'em up - but the game was totally devoid of story, no little narrative still images or anything, just plain white text against a black screen. The game was nice to look at otherwise though, the new moves looked cool at least. It was all style, little substance. Great potential, but unfulfilled. It'd make my top five Double Dragon games, on par or just behind Neon.
#18656stoogePosted 11/6/2013 3:33:54 AM
I used to play DD on my gameboy on long car trips. Every continue I'd swap it over with my brothers. Loved that game.

Got Neon a while back and I love that, too. Can't wait to play it with my brothers next month.
---
*changed my mind. The Last of Us is amazing!*
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.