This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Serious Sam games on 360 the same as the original Xbox games?

#1dante2k5Posted 11/5/2013 8:11:31 PM
I still have the original Serious Sam and Serious Sam II on my original Xbox, but I'm considering picking up the Serious Sam Collection for the 360. I LOVE the Xbox SS games, but I'm not entirely sure if they're the same. The ones on 360 have the titles of First Encounter and Second Encounter, whereas the originals did not.

If they're new games, that's cool too. I'd just like a little clarification here.
#2PStrifePosted 11/5/2013 8:25:15 PM
It has the first two games (the equivelent of Serious Sam on the original XBox) and Serious Sam III (and DLC) and some newer 2D digital game is alsi on it.

Serious Sam II is not included due to publsiher licensing issues where Take 2 got control of in that strange deal. Croteam really got hosed with that deal at the end of the day.
#3dante2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 9:50:09 PM
Interesting. So First Encounter and Second Encounter basically make up the original Serious Sam, while Serious Sam II was its own unique adventure.

Well, I still own it, so it's not like I'm missing out. It'll still be killer to get the rest of the games in this package. I'm pretty pumped! Thanks for the help!
#4JackBurton85Posted 11/5/2013 9:56:24 PM
Had no idea this came out, been wanting to play Serious Sam for YEARS, never had the right console for it
#5VasDeferensPosted 11/5/2013 11:08:29 PM
Jeez, is XBL pushing Serious Sam or what ? I think that's the 3rd time this year I've seen them on sale .
#6GameGrumpsPosted 11/5/2013 11:21:15 PM
VasDeferens posted...
Jeez, is XBL pushing Serious Sam or what ? I think that's the 3rd time this year I've seen them on sale .

What's wrong with them wanting to push good games?
---
Hey I'm Grump!
And I'm not so grump!
#7DeadMasterPosted 11/6/2013 1:28:10 AM
GameGrumps posted...
VasDeferens posted...

Personally I think the Serious Sam games are just mediocre. I played a demo and never could get into it.
---
DAAAAHHH!
#8VasDeferensPosted 11/6/2013 4:38:47 PM
GameGrumps posted...
VasDeferens posted...

Nothing. But I'm still waiting for the DLCs for ME 3 and Dragon Age 2 to go on sale and they won't do it .
#9LateralusDPosted 11/7/2013 8:55:09 AM
NO! These are the PC versions. That means, compared to the Xbox version, some dialog is missing, all of the funny cut-scenes are gone, and some game content is different (like no Serious Bombs and different HUD). Also, you do not have lives. Instead you get checkpoints, which makes the hard parts even harder. If you die near the end of an intense, 100-enemy battle, you have to restart rather than losing a single one of your lives. You do get achievements, however. Overall, every one of those games is worth the $2.50.
---
I'm becoming uncomfortably lucid.
#10natevinesPosted 11/7/2013 9:27:43 AM
GameGrumps posted...
VasDeferens posted...

Because it takes up time that they could be pushing OTHER good games...

SS games are fun, but how many can you play before it starts getting dull?
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman