This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So will they "brick" the 360's when they stop support of the console?

#1GotTruthPosted 11/6/2013 3:51:50 AM
In a couple years when they say they are to stop support of the 360 platform, do you think your 360 will still be usable?

Will they take away your access to the ARCADE Titles you have paid for?

Will they remove your ability to use DLC you have paid for?

Will you still be able to use it to play Video/Music files?

Will you still be able to use your 360 for anything other than a paper weight?

I like my 360 and NEVER plan to purchase a XBone......probably not a PS4 either. I fear my 20 plus year relationship with console gaming is over when they end the 360 support......
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#2mdealassfaultPosted 11/6/2013 3:55:43 AM
Why would they? They never did that to the original XBox.
---
IZ U HURT! #hotdog2012
"It's dangerous to go alone, jerkwad!"
#3GotTruth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 4:12:05 AM
I'm probably just being paranoid but I do fear they will remove the 360 Market place/DLC abilities in 3-5 years.

I hate to think I will have to make a mad dash of DLC grabbing and making sure licenses have all been transferred because they wont give us access to the things we have paid for after a certain time.

With the crazy way they are pushing the "digital market place" thing it seems counter productive to lock out the XBOX360 Market place and DLC, BUT.....it not something I could see then NOT doing, you know what I mean?
---
#4Jedi454Posted 11/6/2013 4:18:33 AM
Hell no, they'll keep supporting the 360 for many years, even once games are stopped being made for them.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4665-5845
Time to catch em' all!
#5GotTruth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 4:32:26 AM
I REALLY hope so.

NOTHING I have seen; from the games to the "features" make me want either of the "next gen" consoles. SO i'm gunna be with the 360 till I die more than likely.
---
#6bigphil2003Posted 11/6/2013 4:33:31 AM
They won't "brick" stuff that you've already downloaded but they will probably make it so you can't redownload it at some point
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#7GotTruth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 4:41:25 AM
bigphil2003 posted...
They won't "brick" stuff that you've already downloaded but they will probably make it so you can't redownload it at some point

^^^THIS^^^^

That is my biggest fear.....having things I have PAID FOR arbitrarily taken from me. IF they do something like that I hope they give us a heads up so I can go back and re-download the things I REALLY I really want to keep, like RockSMith Songs; maybe buy some more external drives to makes sure I get EVERYTHING I paid for before they do anything like that.
---
#8levyjl1988Posted 11/6/2013 4:58:36 AM
Huge backlash if Microsoft did this. Publishers would be pissed as continuous revenue will come to a halt. Legacy games will be lost as content is gone. Consumers will be mighty pissed to see how their purchases can disappear. All in all Microsoft is seemingly painting a target on their back.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#9infinitexxPosted 11/6/2013 5:12:51 AM
Yes, but not in the way you think.

They'll send people to your home to break in and smash your 360 with bricks.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#10Xuande12Posted 11/6/2013 5:14:54 AM
Hence why I will ALWAYS support disc-based media and I will never fully go digital. Ever.
---
RIP Rainbow Six (1998-2004).