This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So will they "brick" the 360's when they stop support of the console?

#21WinternovaPosted 11/6/2013 10:50:20 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
Meanwhile, people have a fear of losing all of the digital content that they've purchased and not having a legitimate means of getting it back.

Rational, intelligent people don't fear that. Just because you've given in to idiotic paranoia doesn't mean you're right.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#22Bardman100Posted 11/6/2013 11:10:07 PM
Not till 2020 I say. They will most at least always keep the download server up forever I believe.
#23181stCommanderPosted 11/6/2013 11:21:10 PM
Considering the Xbox One isn't as popular I don't see why they would want to drop support for the 360. They will probably still make way more money with the 360 than the XO.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#24BurgerTime79Posted 11/7/2013 12:13:02 AM
Winternova posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
Meanwhile, people have a fear of losing all of the digital content that they've purchased and not having a legitimate means of getting it back.

Rational, intelligent people don't fear that. Just because you've given in to idiotic paranoia doesn't mean you're right.

Get over yourself.
I buy physical and don't buy digital by choice. Simple as that. As per usual, someone has to mouth off to me and twist what's said around.
---
Co-host of The Intellivisionaries Podcast
The answer to most questions in FFXIV: DO THE STORY QUESTS!!!
#25Dragon NexusPosted 11/7/2013 10:07:09 AM
darkhare posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
levyjl1988 posted...
Huge backlash if Microsoft did this. Publishers would be pissed as continuous revenue will come to a halt. Legacy games will be lost as content is gone. Consumers will be mighty pissed to see how their purchases can disappear. All in all Microsoft is seemingly painting a target on their back.

And people will still say "Who cares? I don't play old stuff any more, so what's the big deal? Doesn't affect me. Why are you still playing old stuff when there's all this new stuff? MS is basically doing you a favour, telling you to get with the times."

the majority of gamers today play games like they were in-style clothing, for a few weeks then they throw it away or give it to a second hand store. the gaming industry is geared towards fad gaming, thats why we see sequel after sequel and barely anything new coming to the market. tripleA chasing is what the industry has turned into. i will not support this with my $.

I think it's more a money thing. People have more of it these days in general.

When you were younger, you'd get maybe 5 games a year *if you were lucky*. So regardless of how good a game was, you knew that was the only new game you were going to get for a while, so you played it until you wore out the transistors.
You'd make that game with a 90 minute completion time last you 6 months.

But these days a lot of us can just pick up a game on a whim. I've got games I haven't even put in my Xbox yet. Not many, thankfully, but the fact I have even one game I can say that about makes me feel guilty. I swore I'd never be that guy, but dammit some deals are too good to pass up. So I have the luxury now of having *too many* games to play. Getting a Vita with PS+ was a terrible idea, I've got something like two dozen games on there and I've played maybe a fifth of them. Most of them came free through PS+.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#26JKSonicPosted 11/7/2013 10:17:45 AM
No no no and no... If anything they may release a "final update" where they release all online restrictions to your games before they finally shut the door on 360's LIVE access. Can you imagine the backlash if they just said "well, we're not supporting it anybody so BAM your games are GOOOOOONE!!!!!! HAHA SUCKERS!"

It's this type of crap/thinking that contributed a HUGE amount to the way the original XB1 announcement was received and is a big reason they're still recovering today.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#27zyxomma100Posted 11/7/2013 10:57:37 PM
Winternova posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...

It's hardly idiotic paranoia if
A) You don't let it consume your every thought, and you simply use it as a deciding factor in your purchases. You know, like a rational person.
B) It's already happened to you a few different times, from a couple of different companies.
#28davepescPosted 11/8/2013 5:58:12 PM
I strongly doubt anyone would "brick" every system, but eventually, LIVE support for the 360 will be cut.

Microsoft is under no obligation to make content we purchased available for redownload forever. Live on the 360 will be turned off whenever it becomes profitable to do so. Possibly even in an effort to "push" users to the One.
---
"**** you'll thats all you mofos know how to do iss pick on people cause there typeing **** this site" DarkAssAssIn051
#29TantrumBullPosted 11/9/2013 6:37:24 AM
That's why I wish more game makers would start selling disc versions of everything they put on the market because eventually you won't be able to get anything if for some reason you need to update your games again or re-download your games if your drive goes bad.
---
For what ever reason G_gglypuff completely forgot Ninja Gaiden Black is an Xbox game even though I told him it is and even told him I have it. >_<