This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reminder: DmC: Devil May Cry is actually a great game

#21656stoogePosted 11/11/2013 10:25:20 PM
A step below Bayonetta?

In terms of story, maybe. Bayonetta is above the real DMC titles though, and they're light years beyond DmC.

DmC is okay if you're after something like GoW or Dante's Inferno though, but it's got nothing on Bayo, NG or DMC.
---
My farther is so Australian he's in prison.
#22FocianPosted 11/12/2013 7:16:18 AM
Reminder: Shadowrun!!
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#23CrankShaftPosted 11/12/2013 7:46:23 AM
it's an ok game. filled with okness
#24BellethorPosted 11/12/2013 8:21:00 AM
OP, in the words of Donte the Demon Killer King of Linkin Park

**** YOU

Also, am I the only action game fan that hates Bayonetta? I love everything Platinum makes but Bayo looks like a dumb Librarian Dominatrix and not an ass kicker.
---
Fighting Game Mains: UMVC3: Ghost Rider, Vergil, Frank. BlazBlue: Carl, Ragna. Guilty Gear: Eddie, Order Sol. Anarchy Reigns: Nikolai
#25simonbelmont2Posted 11/12/2013 8:26:42 AM
Bellethor posted...

**** YOU

Also, am I the only action game fan that hates Bayonetta? I love everything Platinum makes but Bayo looks like a dumb Librarian Dominatrix and not an ass kicker.

I love Bayonetta but I have encountered a few posters who dislike it. What's interesting is they always complain about the main character design and the humour, not the combat or gameplay mechanics.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#26Solid SonicPosted 11/12/2013 3:08:34 PM
Well, Vanquish is better than Bayonetta.
---
The claim: I play what's fun.
The truth: Video games aren't entertaining enough, I must chide others for choosing to play something I won't.
#27takidigits2005Posted 11/12/2013 3:10:30 PM
Sorry, I couldn't get into it.
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#28SerothiusPosted 11/12/2013 3:33:13 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Bellethor posted...

**** YOU

I love Bayonetta but I have encountered a few posters who dislike it. What's interesting is they always complain about the main character design and the humour, not the combat or gameplay mechanics.

I hate Bayonetta.

The characters looking like ugly mutants doesn't help, but ultimately, that's irrelevant.

I hate it because of the lack of difficulty. I played the game twice (bored out of my mind both times) to get to a difficulty setting that I was assured would give me a run for my money. The most noteworthy thing about that difficulty setting was getting rid of witch time - a lame crutch that I never needed or wanted in the first place. It was a huge let down and a waste of time just like everything before it. The gameplay is just too easy to be any good. I need challenge from games like Bayonetta if I'm going to like them. Without challenge it's just a dull chore. Hating everything else from the art direction to the voice acting makes it worse, but it's not the driving force behind my dislike.
---
People piss about grammar because it's a chore to decipher crap not written in any known language. - Sylvas87
#29CaptainKatsuraPosted 11/13/2013 1:50:23 AM
DmC was alright gameplay-wise,but I love how they did the level designs in that game.Lilith's Club is probably among one of my favorite level designs ever.
---
Herp-a derp
#30simonbelmont2Posted 11/13/2013 3:19:00 AM
Solid Sonic posted...
Well, Vanquish is better than Bayonetta.

I don't think they are really comparable in a critical sense: one is a third person shooter while the other is hack n slash. The only way you can really compare them is based on enjoyment factor.

Serothius posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Bellethor posted...

**** YOU

I hate Bayonetta.

The characters looking like ugly mutants doesn't help, but ultimately, that's irrelevant.

I hate it because of the lack of difficulty. I played the game twice (bored out of my mind both times) to get to a difficulty setting that I was assured would give me a run for my money. The most noteworthy thing about that difficulty setting was getting rid of witch time - a lame crutch that I never needed or wanted in the first place. It was a huge let down and a waste of time just like everything before it. The gameplay is just too easy to be any good. I need challenge from games like Bayonetta if I'm going to like them. Without challenge it's just a dull chore. Hating everything else from the art direction to the voice acting makes it worse, but it's not the driving force behind my dislike.

Fair enough dude and I respect your opinion. Wasn't there an item you could equip which put the enemies into a super aggressive mode? I've heard that adds some challenge to the game and is probably the way to go if the game is too easy.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him