This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How cutscene heavy is Blue Dragon for Xbox360?

#1HerrxPosted 11/8/2013 12:58:16 PM
I have this JRPG standing on my shelf and I am thinking about finally playing it. I just want to know how cutscene heavy it is, since its on three disc?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2electroflamePosted 11/8/2013 1:03:13 PM
I haven't played it in a while, but I don't remember it being overly-focused on cutscenes.

I'd recommend playing it -- I liked it a lot, and it gets a lot of undeserved hate for its art style ("too kiddy", etc.).
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
#3FiyunPosted 11/8/2013 1:03:19 PM
Erh. Only a couple from what I recall.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight
#4BehaviorismPosted 11/8/2013 1:03:59 PM
Defend!
---
http://i.imgur.com/uFOiqoM.jpg
#5QuestionmarktariusPosted 11/8/2013 1:40:27 PM
There aren't very many, but they're all cheesy as hell.
#6OverburdenedPosted 11/8/2013 1:50:32 PM
Have you finished Dantes Inferno now then?
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#7darkharePosted 11/9/2013 3:23:59 PM
Herrx posted...
I have this JRPG standing on my shelf and I am thinking about finally playing it. I just want to know how cutscene heavy it is, since its on three disc?

their are a fair amount and several have qte that if missed you cant do over, and to make it worse many of them (i think 3) are attached to achievements. my wife and i played through the game, both of us playing the game every so often on one save file, the games good in small doses but not something your going to want to play for several hours at one time.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#8WiiareVenomPosted 11/9/2013 5:38:15 PM
darkhare posted...
Herrx posted...

their are a fair amount and several have qte that if missed you cant do over, and to make it worse many of them (i think 3) are attached to achievements. my wife and i played through the game, both of us playing the game every so often on one save file, the games good in small doses but not something your going to want to play for several hours at one time.

There are save points near the achievement ones. Though the qte achievement ones are kind of hard. The game is good if you like the idea of Final Fantasy 5 Lite.
---
Official Zygarde of the Pokemon X/Y boards.
Official leader of the Order of the Jar of Dirt. 3DS FC: 5155 3151 4613
#9electrolyzerPosted 11/9/2013 8:42:31 PM
Do play it, we won't get games like this anymore on xbox.
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx