This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you rate this gen's handling of re-releasing older games?

#1AnonymousFriendPosted 11/9/2013 6:25:04 PM
With next gen right around the corner, we can start evaluating this gen as a whole.

Disregarding any re-release from the Xbox/PlayStation 2/Gamecube gen, did we get games we really wanted? Were there titles you felt that definitely should have been re-erealsed that haven't yet (within reason)? Were the prices asked reasonable?
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#2JackBurton85Posted 11/9/2013 8:44:55 PM
I know i'm in the extreme minority on this, but i would have loved to have gotten a lot of the xbox live/arcade releases in physical store bought copy form. I don't like downloads, would prefer to be able to buy everything physical.

I def have some complaints about last gen, mainly how xbox didn't get a lot of the great collections that were put out, Metal Slug Anthology and Samuraii Shodown collection come to mind, especially Metal Slug, what i wouldn't give to be able to play that on my 360.

I think what we did get was pretty solid. There were a lot of super cool older titles made available. For example, I had been wanting to play the X-Men arcade game for such a long ass time and then boom, i finally could, that rocks. I would have liked to of gotten more though. I've long wanted a Contra collection, every single Contra game released on one disc, and with this gens technology i figure it would def be possible to do that.

Overall, i'm satisfied, however i'm not blown away and a great deal of my, "damn i wish..." desires remain un-granted.
#3NemerlightPosted 11/10/2013 12:18:52 AM
Well i wanted Jak HD series but thats PS3/Vita exclusive sadly. Dont care about the rest.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#4HeliosAscensionPosted 11/10/2013 1:38:56 AM
I'd say we got and are getting some great collections and HD ports this gen. I'm happy to see some old gems come back with a better coat of paint and some new features. I would like to see more collections of older game, even if they didn't include the HD treatment. That Contra Collection mentioned would be sublime.
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#5AnonymousFriend(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 11:14:13 AM
Bump
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend