This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you rate this gen's handling of re-releasing older games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How would you rate this gen's handling of re-releasing older games?

User Info: AnonymousFriend

AnonymousFriend
3 years ago#1
With next gen right around the corner, we can start evaluating this gen as a whole.

Disregarding any re-release from the Xbox/PlayStation 2/Gamecube gen, did we get games we really wanted? Were there titles you felt that definitely should have been re-erealsed that haven't yet (within reason)? Were the prices asked reasonable?
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
3 years ago#2
I know i'm in the extreme minority on this, but i would have loved to have gotten a lot of the xbox live/arcade releases in physical store bought copy form. I don't like downloads, would prefer to be able to buy everything physical.

I def have some complaints about last gen, mainly how xbox didn't get a lot of the great collections that were put out, Metal Slug Anthology and Samuraii Shodown collection come to mind, especially Metal Slug, what i wouldn't give to be able to play that on my 360.

I think what we did get was pretty solid. There were a lot of super cool older titles made available. For example, I had been wanting to play the X-Men arcade game for such a long ass time and then boom, i finally could, that rocks. I would have liked to of gotten more though. I've long wanted a Contra collection, every single Contra game released on one disc, and with this gens technology i figure it would def be possible to do that.

Overall, i'm satisfied, however i'm not blown away and a great deal of my, "damn i wish..." desires remain un-granted.

User Info: Nemerlight

Nemerlight
3 years ago#3
Well i wanted Jak HD series but thats PS3/Vita exclusive sadly. Dont care about the rest.
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.

User Info: HeliosAscension

HeliosAscension
3 years ago#4
I'd say we got and are getting some great collections and HD ports this gen. I'm happy to see some old gems come back with a better coat of paint and some new features. I would like to see more collections of older game, even if they didn't include the HD treatment. That Contra Collection mentioned would be sublime.
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.

User Info: AnonymousFriend

AnonymousFriend
3 years ago#5
Bump
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How would you rate this gen's handling of re-releasing older games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived