This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you finally decide to throw in the towel and give uo on a game?

#21JanayBerryPosted 11/11/2013 7:16:50 PM
Gears of War 3: Rank Glitch

I put in a lot of work to get my rank to Blue 74.

One day, the game took longer to load, then it froze (not the system). When it loaded, my Rank was White 1.

Moving forward, I played and eventually got to Red 63, only to get glitched again.

Slowly playing again, got to Green 44 and got glitched again.

After that, I played randomly and eventually stopped for a bit. It's been a few months now, so I don't remember my last Rank.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/
#22sa2bmasterPosted 11/17/2013 5:50:24 PM
In the past I'd never do that, I do my research and mostly only purchase games that interest me and get mostly positive reviews, so I tried to finish every single game I own, but I still have a huge backlog and want to finish most of those games. Catherine broke me on this when I couldn't get past the 2nd level on Normal, then died 10-15 times on the first level on Easy, it was the only game I never attempted to finish and took back the next day for a refund. I still plan to finish most of my games in my backlog, but some of them are not a priority and I don't really care if I finish them.
#23GeistPosted 11/17/2013 6:09:29 PM
When I realize I truly hate it. For example GTA4, for years I kept going back. I kept trying over and over. Then one day I put it in, sat down, and realized I just hated the whole game. So I have never again played it.
---
Currently playing : The Mass Effect Trilogy
#24iceman505Posted 11/18/2013 6:11:06 PM
I never truly give up on games, as I'm too much of a pack rat, or collector, as others would say, to ever sell them. In fact, it wasn't until an internet outage a couple months ago that I finally tossed in SW Battlefront II to give the campaign a second shot. I don't even know why I disliked it 8 years ago after having finished it, it is awesome.
---
Xbox Nation
#25foodeater4Posted 11/19/2013 12:18:02 PM(edited)
Well for a single player game, if I don't like and don't have fun playing it, its easy for me to sell it.

For a competitive game like COD usually my pride will keep me in it and make me keep on playing to get better. I know I am better then many of your average slobs on there. Usually eventually I'll reach a certain goal like getting my K/D or my winning percentage up to a respective level and I'll feel I've gotten good enough and basically proved my point to myself and play another game.

Im kinda like you TC, if I have a lot of extra income I used to buy a bunch of games just for the sake of having them. But if you didn't like AC1-3, then don't buy 4. That's complete rubbish. The game is not different enough year to year that youll probably magically like this one.

Also the older I get the more pickier I get with games. I swear at one point, a couple years in, I probably owned the entire PS1 librarary, except all the sports game. But now I know what I like and I'm more patient. If a new game comes out I'm not sure of, I'll rent or buy at a price drop.
#26Seanie1200Posted 11/19/2013 3:17:37 PM
As others have said, generally when I stop enjoying a game. Games can stop being fun for many reasons but the main one for me is unassailable bosses. I hate bosses where the only vulnerability is a pixel-sized spot that you can only hit for a fraction of a second or when they reach a certain amount of health suddenly become nigh on invincible.

I do go back to most games at some point though and most that I go back to I end up completing, even if only on the easiest difficulty.