This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Older COD and Battlefield games...

#1spooiePosted 11/11/2013 11:51:31 AM
Anyone recommend any of the following games, specifically? Anything stand out to people who have played them?

The last CoD game I bought was Modern Warfare 2 and the only Battlefield games I own are bad company... but I figure, I should pick up the rest before the generation ends.

Modern Warfare 3
Black Ops
Black Ops II

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Battlefield 3

Also... it seems like there are 90,000 versions of the same CoD games out there. Regular, Hardened, Prestige, DLC Included... ext... does anyone know which version of whichever is the better choice?

Thanks.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#2OverburdenedPosted 11/11/2013 11:58:13 AM
I can recommend MW3, very good game, fun campaign, easy to get into online mode.

Spec Ops. Little missions, you can do alone or with a friend, earn 1,2 or 3 stars. 3 being the hardest.

Survival. See how many waves of enemies you can hold of, gets harder as it goes on, with weapon unlocks.

Nice amount of weapons and options, good kill streaks and maps. There aren't many big maps compared to MW2. (Unless the DLC included some, I haven't got around to playing those).

8/10 I'd give it.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#3warior55Posted 11/11/2013 12:37:35 PM
The only decent game on that list is Battlefield 3, so maybe try that.
#4eLiTeRiChxUKPosted 11/11/2013 12:45:01 PM
warior55 posted...
The only decent game on that list is Battlefield 3, so maybe try that.

---
GT: One Called Rich
#5brunbbmercPosted 11/11/2013 10:09:04 PM
are you getting them for single player? I wouldn't recommend any of them really.
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
http://www.gif-man.com/Animatedgifs/Spinning-SkullRedEyes.gif
#6SheepinatorPosted 11/12/2013 6:58:28 AM
For SP, avoid the BF series. BF3 probably still has active MP but you'll be limited without the DLC.

With CoD, the last few probably still have busy MP but if you're only interested in SP just rent them. They can all be beaten in 5-6 hours first time on Normal.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7Ginsu VictimPosted 11/12/2013 7:15:46 AM
Sheepinator posted...
With CoD, the last few probably still have busy MP...

They all have busy MP. I play MW, MW2, and BO....they are always full of players.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#8SheepinatorPosted 11/12/2013 7:31:19 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
Sheepinator posted...

They all have busy MP. I play MW, MW2, and BO....they are always full of players.

I heard the old MW games, and maybe WaW, had lots of issues with hackers? If so, did they ever fix that?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9Ginsu VictimPosted 11/12/2013 7:36:18 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
Sheepinator posted...

I heard the old MW games, and maybe WaW, had lots of issues with hackers? If so, did they ever fix that?

MW has a few, but it's not as bad as it was. It's rare that I run into one anymore.

WaW, which I don't have, I hear is plagued with them.

MW2...I can't remember the last time I saw a hacker.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)