This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm not sure if I still like how you just touch the disc drive to make it close

#1MasterMoronPosted 11/11/2013 8:10:33 PM
So, you know, at first I suppose I thought it was kind of cool how you just touch the Xbox360 to turn it on. But, today, as I was putting Grand Theft Auto V in the disc tray the tray I accidentally touched the disc eject panel and the tray started to close when the disc wasn't all the way in. Of course, the disc tray realized that there was something on it before it snapped the disc in two, but I looked at the disc afterwards and there were 3 or 4 scratches on it. This really sucks as I try to keep my games in perfect condition. I think this is probably the only Xbox game that I have that has any scratches on it. I tried playing it and it works fine, but those scratches just irritate the hell out of me. I've heard that playing scratched discs on your Xbox360 wears down the laser quickly, and I definitely don't want to wear down the laser as I have a limited edition Gears of War 3 Xbox. I'm almost considering going to the store and buying another copy just so I can have an unscratched one, but of course, I realize that would just me feeding my obsessive compulsiveness. And knowing my luck, I would accidentally brush my hand over the eject panel again. Seriously, why do they make the disc tray close just by touching it? Doesn't it make more sense for it to be a button so it doesn't accidentally close when you're trying to insert a disc?
#2combatcm1Posted 11/11/2013 8:13:58 PM
All my games are scratched to hell and all work
#3MasterMoron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:17:07 PM
Really? How did you scratch them? Honestly, I wish I could be more like you and just not give a crap. I mean, there's really no reason for me to care. If I have friends over it's not like they're going to look at the bottom of my discs and see if they're scratched. Hell, Grand Theft Auto V isn't even two players, so it's not like I could play it with friends anyway. There are so many more important things in life than getting a scratch on one of my games.
#4TheBlueStigPosted 11/12/2013 10:26:48 AM
Scratches can be removed.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#5gabriusPosted 11/12/2013 10:49:31 AM
MasterMoron
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#6glassghost0Posted 11/12/2013 10:54:12 AM
Nice wall of text....
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7brunbbmercPosted 11/12/2013 1:29:37 PM
I've accidentally hit the eject button lots of times. luckily never while playing something but it's still annoying and just seems like thoughtless design
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
http://www.gif-man.com/Animatedgifs/Spinning-SkullRedEyes.gif
#8TheBlueStigPosted 11/12/2013 4:48:10 PM
brunbbmerc posted...
I've accidentally hit the eject button lots of times. luckily never while playing something but it's still annoying and just seems like thoughtless design

A normal button would fail far sooner than the electrical touch sensitive pseudo-button on the Slim. A normal button would also be more expensive.

So you can be guaranteed that they definitely thought it through completely before they implemented it.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#9MasterMoron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:29:33 PM
Wait, scratches can be removed? I remember when I loaned a PS2 game to a friend years and years ago that it came back full of scratches and wouldn't play. I tried this stuff what you were supposed to wipe on it to fill the scratches in, but it didn't seem to do squat. Then I tried the Skip Doctor which basically buffs out an entire layer of the disc. That actually made it work again, but it left a really ugly design on the bottom of the disc, plus since it actually takes off a layer of the disc, if you use it too many times there won't be anything left, so I definitely wouldn't use that unless the scratches are significant enough as to where the disc won't play. What do you use to remove scratches?
#10beautifuldreamsPosted 11/16/2013 9:13:52 PM
I hate the touch buttons, to the point i'd gladly sacrifice optical audio and a usb port to get rid of them.
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~