This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's a current-gen game that you'd like to see as a next-gen re-release?

#1gadragodPosted 11/11/2013 7:33:05 PM
Meaning, enhanced graphics, better physics, possible new ways to play (control-wise), etc. Essentially, an old game with a next-gen engine.

Personally, I would love to see either a next-gen Assassin's Creed 2 or a Dragon's Dogma.
#2TheBlueStigPosted 11/11/2013 8:06:52 PM
None.

Simply because first year development on new consoles is often clunky and filled with bugs and is not much of a leap from the last gen to the current one.

The AI is rarely if ever better because the developers are trying to push the graphics to get systems moving out the door because game consumers are suckers for "shiny new graphics".

As far as "new methods of control" goes, first year games are often loaded with gimmicks that don't work well when "new methods of control" are introduced. The DS handheld proves that beyond any doubts. Games were developed with forced touchscreen controls that ruined the gameplay. The PS Vita is in development limbo because of it's touchscreen on the front and the touchpad on the back.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#3DieMyBridePosted 11/11/2013 8:13:44 PM
I'd rather they make a sequel...
#4whiteboygenePosted 11/11/2013 8:16:06 PM
I don't want to say Red Dead Redemption, but if they announced that s*** my pants would hit the wall at 200mph yadadada mean?!
---
What would John Marston do?
"you can tell he's not actually black." -xKeisukex
#5simonbelmont2Posted 11/12/2013 5:41:54 AM
DieMyBride posted...
I'd rather they make a sequel...

This, a Dragon's Dogma sequel would be champion. There will no doubt be a RDR sequel at some stage too though which is all good!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him