This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best hidden gems/games of the 360 generation

#21TheyCallMeMrLeePosted 11/12/2013 6:09:23 AM
I'll throw the Overlord games into the mix. Just a couple of fun games (provided you avoid the multiplayer) to pass some time with. I mean really...how many times are you going to be able to repeatedly abuse a minion jester?
---
The right man, in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world.
#22simonbelmont2Posted 11/12/2013 6:20:53 AM
Lightborne posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Catherine
Mafia 2
Enslaved
Viva Pinata
Condemned
Tenchu Z
The Bourne Conspiracy
Xmen Origins Wolverine
The Darkness
Sniper Elite V2
Wet
Deadly Premonition
Stacking
The Saboteur
Naughty Bear
Prey

Nice list, I'd add Binary Domain, Red Faction Guerrila, Ninja Blade, First Templar and Kingdoms of Amalur.

Lightborne posted...
Seanie1200 posted...
Metro 2033/Last Light
Apache Air Assault
Mirrors Edge
Killer is Dead
Shadows of the Damned
Singularity
Binary Domain
Burnout Paradise

all do it for me.

Why do people insist on binary domain? Its boring and very repetitive and the upgtade system sucks. Lost planet series is way better or vanquish. Seriously binary domain is overrated for a claimed to be underrated games I bought into it and let me just say that I was very dissapointed from.the underrated hype.

No one insists on it, however people often recommend it because they think BD is a fun game. Lost Planet is a bad comparison because it's a different kind of shooter compared to BD. Vanquish is one of the best shooters this gen but that doesn't mean BD is not worth playing. There is room for both games in this world.

BD handles its mechanics fairly well but the real thrill is the way robots fall to pieces when shot. The latter is a feature you don't always see in shooters. Blowing a robots head off and watching it go haywire and shoot its allies is fun. The game also has a half decent story and some likeable and surprisingly memorable characters even though they are cliched character types.

It is definitely underrated because few talk about it and it doesn't get praised by everyone. I think maybe you hyped it up too much.

Yes they do and the shooting robot parts off gets old fast, its the same thing over and over and I never said lost.planet 1 I said the series a but atleast it has more unique weapons. And no its not underrated.

How many games allow you to shoot the head off a robot causing it to go haywire? Some games do but a lot don't which was my point. It didn't get old for me as I found it quite fun. It certainly made the shooting more satisfying than it is in some other third person shooters.

I wasn't talking solely about Lost Planet 1 so I don't know why you brought that up.You also didn't actually specify either the series or the individual games. Incidentally I found LP1 rather mediocre but each to his own.

I also agree with GrimKusanagi that all games are repetitive so that is a moot point. You say it's the same thing over and over but that is what you usually get in a third person cover shooter. What did you expect? You shoot the enemies, engage in a few set pieces and then move on, it's the same in Vanquish too. If you have to shoot, shoot don't talk!

Few people talk about the game and a lot of gamers haven't even heard of it. Some gamefaqs users that do play it seem to enjoy the game which is why they say it is underrated, I think that is a perfectly valid statement to make. The game also did ok review-wise if I am not mistaken too.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#23simonbelmont2Posted 11/12/2013 6:21:59 AM
GrimKusanagi posted...
Lightborne posted...
Seanie1200 posted...
Metro 2033/Last Light
Apache Air Assault
Mirrors Edge
Killer is Dead
Shadows of the Damned
Singularity
Binary Domain
Burnout Paradise

all do it for me.

Why do people insist on binary domain? Its boring and very repetitive and the upgtade system sucks. Lost planet series is way better or vanquish. Seriously binary domain is overrated for a claimed to be underrated games I bought into it and let me just say that I was very dissapointed from.the underrated hype.

Binary Domain was an awesome game that I had never even heard of till I bought it dirt cheap. Just finished it yesterday morning and it's easily one of my favorites.

Now what I consider repetitive is people griping that a game is repetitive. Every game in the free world is repetitive especially shooters. No matter what gun or weapon to have it's basically point and fire. Every game is the same start to finish. You start with a certain set of commands and that doesn't change. Maybe a few new things pop up as you progress but it's still that same thing over and over and over. People need to learn to accept this or quit gaming cause it's never going to change.

Bravo!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#24pakathecatPosted 11/12/2013 7:39:27 AM
For the ones that are lesser-known (or at least not top sellers) that I love-

The Saboteur
Rise of the Argonauts
Two Worlds 2
Just Cause 2
Sacred 2
Divinity 2: DKS
#25MR_SorenPosted 11/12/2013 11:16:59 AM
There were plenty of great games like Dark Souls Bayonetta, and XCOM, but they are pretty well-known.

Actual Hidden Gems:
Shmups - except for a few, they are all really good and have something unique to offer. Ikaruga has the polarity system, Akai Katana has Ninja Mode and lots of bullet canceling, Triggerheart Exelica has it's medaling and anchor systems, etc. These games have a lot of diversity if you take the time to really learn how they work.

Culdcept Saga - kinda like a cross between Monopoly and Magic: the Gathering. A fun game for solo play or couch multiplayer.

Clash of Heroes - A very fun puzzle/strategy/RPG hybrid with a reasonably long campaign plus online and offline skirmishes.

Guardian Heroes - a medieval brawler that offers branching paths, leveling up, fighting game style controls and specials, and is just dripping with awesome.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
Blog: http://www.red-grenade.com
#26LightbornePosted 11/12/2013 12:08:40 PM(edited)
GrimKusanagi posted...
Lightborne posted...
Seanie1200 posted...
Metro 2033/Last Light
Apache Air Assault
Mirrors Edge
Killer is Dead
Shadows of the Damned
Singularity
Binary Domain
Burnout Paradise

all do it for me.

Binary Domain was an awesome game that I had never even heard of till I bought it dirt cheap. Just finished it yesterday morning and it's easily one of my favorites.

Now what I consider repetitive is people griping that a game is repetitive. Every game in the free world is repetitive especially shooters. No matter what gun or weapon to have it's basically point and fire. Every game is the same start to finish. You start with a certain set of commands and that doesn't change. Maybe a few new things pop up as you progress but it's still that same thing over and over and over. People need to learn to accept this or quit gaming cause it's never going to change.

Not when there are deeper rpg elements involved and different tactics or ways of taking out enemies, deus ex, mass.effect, red faction, borderlands, and so many others say hi.

And some games are reptitively boring and more repetitive then others and people will always see this and that's never going to change I'm.sorry if I offended your game but its true.

To often people try to argue this point to defend lazy developing, so gey off your high horse because the point is moot.
#27TrugamerPosted 11/12/2013 12:24:02 PM
I just cannot do a topic like this when the first thing I see classified as a "hidden gem" by the OP is Skyrim.

Rise of the Argonauts is a hidden gem , there I gave you one .
#28TheUndeadCrowPosted 11/12/2013 1:24:27 PM
Trugamer posted...
I just cannot do a topic like this when the first thing I see classified as a "hidden gem" by the OP is Skyrim.

Rise of the Argonauts is a hidden gem , there I gave you one .

mrpic posted...
The best hidden gems/games of the 360 generation, and the games you could not live without.

I will start us off with some that i will never forget

Skyrim + all dlc

Dark souls + all dlc

Call of Duty Mw2

Mass effect Trilogy
#29GrimKusanagiPosted 11/12/2013 7:30:32 PM
Lightborne posted...
GrimKusanagi posted...
Lightborne posted...
Seanie1200 posted...
Metro 2033/Last Light
Apache Air Assault
Mirrors Edge
Killer is Dead
Shadows of the Damned
Singularity
Binary Domain
Burnout Paradise

all do it for me.

Not when there are deeper rpg elements involved and different tactics or ways of taking out enemies, deus ex, mass.effect, red faction, borderlands, and so many others say hi.

And some games are reptitively boring and more repetitive then others and people will always see this and that's never going to change I'm.sorry if I offended your game but its true.

To often people try to argue this point to defend lazy developing, so gey off your high horse because the point is moot.

And yet having played most of those the game play is just as repetitive as everything else. Point and fire. Occasionally a special skill. Your deeper rpg elements involved and different tactics are moot and almost nonexistent as far as game play goes.
---
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragon's Dogma
Pawn: Lashara / Mage
#30LightbornePosted 11/12/2013 8:03:11 PM
GrimKusanagi posted...
Lightborne posted...
GrimKusanagi posted...
Lightborne posted...
Seanie1200 posted...
Metro 2033/Last Light
Apache Air Assault
Mirrors Edge
Killer is Dead
Shadows of the Damned
Singularity
Binary Domain
Burnout Paradise

all do it for me.

And yet having played most of those the game play is just as repetitive as everything else. Point and fire. Occasionally a special skill. Your deeper rpg elements involved and different tactics are moot and almost nonexistent as far as game play goes.

So what your saying is all games are just as repetitive and exactly the same.wnd using my own point against me in a desperate attempt because you don't want to be wrong?

Ok lets put some examples up assasins creed 1 had very repetitve missions in a very repetitive nature yet in 2 there where very varied missions not to.mention more weapons and new moves.

Another example is if you compare a basic platformer to other perfomers like mario or rayman the newer ones have a much wider variety of platforming elements and stats varied throughout are hardly ever repetitive.

And when you compare a game like binary domain with bland gun customization with the same robot parts animations over and over compared to a shooting rpg.like fallout with perks that change how you play with many.many.guns and gun attachements, and many passive abilities its nothing like domain.

Now its not fair to.compare these but but I can still think of quite a few shooters with much more varied gameplay.

You obviously need better gaming experience before you can make such narrow minded views in gaming.

So your point is still moot.