This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a certain genre of games that you just flat out hate? Explain why!

#1HappyBullPosted 11/12/2013 1:31:21 PM
Here we go again with yet another fantastic topic from gamefaqs legend, HappyBull. :D

GO!
#2darren19822000Posted 11/12/2013 1:36:30 PM
racing....boring to me.
card games like magic/pokemon...better playing with real cards, not so limited
mmo...having to pay a sub fee after i buy the game is stupid, free to play just micros you to death or your stuck sucking

that god games arent like tv...a hundred cop shows or bad reality tv. add that to the many stupid singing, dancing shows its sickening
---
gt darren reefnugs gfaqs worst speller
#3JascoDPosted 11/12/2013 1:45:11 PM
I'll just say a few games that I really hate.

MGS. I really hate them.
Minecraft. OMG.
All Jrpgs. OMG again.
Sports games like FIFA etc etc.
All Racing games etc etc.
Pokemon. *Shrugs*

Hate is a strong word and I really just use it/say it when I see these products. Overrated, cheesy, and incredibly boring type of games, characters, storys and overall design.

Again, on gamefaqs, its really important to point out that this is MY opinion! So lower your shield and sword!
---
Who's playing you?
#4WhitGameR44Posted 11/12/2013 1:48:21 PM(edited)
Fighting games. Boring SP, and suck at them since I hardly ever play them.

Racing games. Flat out boring genre to me.

LoL/DotA (MOBA?) genre. If you want a game genre that has by far the most toxic, douchebag community ever...there you go. Sadly it will never change because of the way those games are set up.
---
Last Game: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix [PS3]
Next Game(s): FEAR 3 [360], Yakuza 4 [PS3]
#5shawnmckPosted 11/12/2013 1:48:57 PM
JRPG's...I just don't like the turn-based combat, nor the character design &/or stories.

MMO's... I don't like to play On-line with others, but prefer SP campaigns.

^ I'm not saying they are bad genres, just that they are not for me.

I'm not much for Fighting or Sports games anymore either...as I've grown bored with them.
Nor do I play platformers anymore either.

All I play nowadays are FPS, TPS, Action RPG's...with the occasional Adventure game.
#6Dante729Posted 11/12/2013 1:50:43 PM
I find sports games extremely boring.
---
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
#7PunkMcThrustPosted 11/12/2013 1:55:54 PM
MOBAs. I think all these games are just RTS for babies who can't do more than one thing at a time, I don't like the concept, I don't like how there's usually only one or so maps, I don't like the weird RPG 'shop' system with the upgrade paths, I think this whole genre is a waste of time. When I see DOTA fanboys making fun of LoL fanboys for playing the 'inferior game' I just laugh because I despise the whole genre.

In fact the only worthwhile thing to come out of these games is great Rule 34 of the characters.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
#8WeskerTeamPosted 11/12/2013 2:02:28 PM
Sports games followed closely by racing games.

I hate sports games because I don't care for sports. Only sports games I ever played was wrestling and I'm not sure that really fits the genre.
Some racing games are okay but for the most part I avoid them because I find them to be boring.

Fighting games would be my favorite of the less popular genres.
---
Xbox GT - Kieduss
PSN ID - IDavey420
#9DiscernPosted 11/12/2013 2:02:53 PM
I don't really hate any genre but don't care for Fighting or Sports games, RTS to a point, I like the genre but haven't played one I could get into since StarCraft.

I don't like fighting games due to being bad at them, they get frustrating to me also. Sports games I don't like due to I don't really like sports that much. I don't mind hockey though, just don't follows it closely.

I do have fin playing LoL though, haven't played too much but the few times I have its been good. Just a lot to absorb and I don't have that kind of free time to put in 45-50 minutes per match. Although, the couple people I've talked to were rather helpful.
---
GT- Discern88
#10jrr18Posted 11/12/2013 2:03:05 PM
sports games

98.745 of all jrpg's
---
CHOO CHOO all aboard the hate train next stop whine country.
PSN/steam jrr101