This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Replacing xbox 360 dvd drive.?

#1INVIZOBLEPosted 11/13/2013 6:07:57 PM
My xbox dvd drive cant read games or dvds so i was thinking about just buying a new dvd drive. Can i just buy the same type of drive and plug it in and just play offline. I can care less about online cause the new consoles is coming but i have a lot of games i still want to play. I just dont want to open up the drive or flash the thing just play offline games.
---
Youtube.com/INVIZOBLE
#2beautifuldreamsPosted 11/13/2013 10:34:24 PM
no, i think you need to extract the DVD key from you old one and flash it on the new drive
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#3longnutsPosted 11/14/2013 4:18:31 AM
Your dvd drive has a key that ties it to the motherboard. you can swap em but the process looks complicated.
---
My first console was a colecovision, so yeah!
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/xLONGNUTTSx
#4lokinineteenPosted 11/14/2013 5:47:45 AM
longnuts posted...
Your dvd drive has a key that ties it to the motherboard. you can swap em but the process looks complicated.

It can only be swapped into another dvd drive that is the same and its just as simple as putting the motherboard from the broken dvd drive into the new one from what I remember when mine died.

Or you could do what I did? Open it like youre going to do anyway and use a cotton bud to clean the lens. Mines been going strong for over 18 months now.