This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone with the new Netflix update know how to stretch the screen?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone with the new Netflix update know how to stretch the screen?
2 years ago#1
Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the 360 boards.

I downloaded the Netflix update today, which is largely a big improvement, but I can't figure out how to stretch non-HD/widescreen shows to fit the screen like I used to. Anyone know how to do this? Or if it's even possible even more? Thanks!
---
~Uniting The World: One Bridge At A Time~
*insert pop-culture reference here*
2 years ago#2
I don't think it's possible. I think it depends on if the show you are watching had wide screen capabilities.
---
Playing: GTA V, Terraria, Pokemon X.
R.I.P Breaking Bad 2008-2013
2 years ago#3
Netflix is thankfully saving you from yourself by stopping you from doing this. It's about time.
2 years ago#4
Bridge_Hanson posted...
Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the 360 boards.

I downloaded the Netflix update today, which is largely a big improvement, but I can't figure out how to stretch non-HD/widescreen shows to fit the screen like I used to. Anyone know how to do this? Or if it's even possible even more? Thanks!

Okay, so here's the deal. I just got off of Netflix's tech-support chat with one of their reps (Incidentally who was hitting on me, I think?) According to them, the fact that you could EVER actually change your aspect-ratio when viewing things was NOT a feature of their app, and was actually just a Glitch in the app, itself, that allowed you to access the control-panel of your Xbox's video-player.

Their latest update actually fixed that "glitch." But you CAN go to Netflix's support and put in a request to be able to change your aspect-ratio settings. Enough people requesting it will probably get them to include it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone with the new Netflix update know how to stretch the screen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived