This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone with the new Netflix update know how to stretch the screen?

#1Bridge_HansonPosted 11/14/2013 7:29:45 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the 360 boards.

I downloaded the Netflix update today, which is largely a big improvement, but I can't figure out how to stretch non-HD/widescreen shows to fit the screen like I used to. Anyone know how to do this? Or if it's even possible even more? Thanks!
---
~Uniting The World: One Bridge At A Time~
*insert pop-culture reference here*
#2Mcnugget2256Posted 11/14/2013 7:45:09 PM
I don't think it's possible. I think it depends on if the show you are watching had wide screen capabilities.
---
Playing: GTA V, Terraria, Pokemon X.
R.I.P Breaking Bad 2008-2013
#3RockguyKevPosted 11/15/2013 8:40:13 AM
Netflix is thankfully saving you from yourself by stopping you from doing this. It's about time.
#4ImikoPosted 11/19/2013 3:09:49 AM
Bridge_Hanson posted...
Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the 360 boards.

I downloaded the Netflix update today, which is largely a big improvement, but I can't figure out how to stretch non-HD/widescreen shows to fit the screen like I used to. Anyone know how to do this? Or if it's even possible even more? Thanks!

Okay, so here's the deal. I just got off of Netflix's tech-support chat with one of their reps (Incidentally who was hitting on me, I think?) According to them, the fact that you could EVER actually change your aspect-ratio when viewing things was NOT a feature of their app, and was actually just a Glitch in the app, itself, that allowed you to access the control-panel of your Xbox's video-player.

Their latest update actually fixed that "glitch." But you CAN go to Netflix's support and put in a request to be able to change your aspect-ratio settings. Enough people requesting it will probably get them to include it.