This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"I remember when..."

#1BBBanks03Posted 11/15/2013 10:24:53 AM
A machine was a "system," not a "console."
Bits were the most important thing on Earth!
A game was just a game, not "content."
Sonic and Mario were neck-and-neck in coolness and in awesome games.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#2natevinesPosted 11/15/2013 10:34:19 AM
Xbox One was announced

Assassins Creed IV was released
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#3Dragon NexusPosted 11/15/2013 10:37:30 AM
We have bit wars now, it seems. Only it's resolution wars.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#4RycerXPosted 11/15/2013 10:39:49 AM
I remember when codes meant cheats instead of redeemable tokens.
#5dark_shardPosted 11/15/2013 10:45:44 AM
I remember when I didn't need a game holding my hand through the entire experience to finish it. Even before I could read, I was finishing games. I have NO idea how I did it. All I can imagine is that kids have WAY more patience for games than I do now...
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/ - Games and Beer
GT: darkshardx
#6pakathecatPosted 11/15/2013 11:00:30 AM
There were no patches... troubleshooting consisted of blowing into the cart, and pressing down on it in a certain way when you inserted it.

The box art looked far better than anything in the game itself.

Keeping a save from corrupting meant holding in Reset while pressing Power.

There was no GameFAQs... but there were crappy 900 #s to call for help. But, quite a feeling of satisfaction when I finally did solve that totally illogical puzzle in some point-and-click adventure.
#7Dragon NexusPosted 11/15/2013 11:14:44 AM(edited)
dark_shard posted...
I remember when I didn't need a game holding my hand through the entire experience to finish it. Even before I could read, I was finishing games. I have NO idea how I did it. All I can imagine is that kids have WAY more patience for games than I do now...

You pressed right until the screen stolled scrolling. Then maybe you pressed up to go up a ladder then began pressing left. Or perhaps you entered a door, in which case you pressed right to continue scrolling again.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#8WeskerTeamPosted 11/15/2013 11:20:32 AM
I remember when having a different system from your friend was a good thing.
---
Xbox GT - Kieduss
PSN ID - IDavey420
#9gldooriiPosted 11/15/2013 11:22:26 AM
I remember when extra content was unlockable by playing the game....not paying more for it.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#10AWarAmp84Posted 11/15/2013 11:26:09 AM
It's funny hearing kids these days saying they remember playing Halo:CE back in the day. lol

I remember playing Turbo Grafx-16 and having everyone I know asking me what the hell that was.

I also remember when a dime bag cost a dime. Do you know how much a condom cost back then?

I don't know, I never used them.
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.